Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organization. The organization is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all professions which might help in achinging its aims. Medecins Sans Frontieres provides assistance to population in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political conviction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of patient within the scope of Nurse Aids activities making sure patient treatment is rendered respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and / or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood?
- Participate activity in every feeding session; giving caretakers necessary advice and help, and ensuring a calm environment.
- Correct waste segregation disposal according to MSF protocol.
- To work in collaboration with the nurses to ensure medical care of quality.
- To work as a team member, taking in consideration the non-medical problems the patients have to face.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Monitoring of the Patients
- To do 3 hourly vital signs to children admitted
- To encourage the mother to give resmol
- Documentation of patient vital signs
- Encourage the breast feeding mothers to breastfeed on demand
- To work in collaboration with other medical staff in the wards for the achievement of the total patient care.
- To do daily weights of the admitted children
- Doing bed making for the patients
- To report to the nurse any change in condition of patient.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma/OND.HND or BSc in Social Work or related field
- 2 year experience minimum as a Nurses Aids or in clinical work. Previous experience in nutrition/cholera out break, general paediatrics ward would be an asset
- Fluency in English, Hausa/Kanuri/Fulani language desirable
- Any other medical qualification is an added advantage.
MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter, resume, copies of relevant certificates, NYSC certificate/exemption letters and mention the position on envelope to:
- Hard Copy: MSF Beigium Human Resources Office – FORI CV BOX
- Deadline: Friday, 13 December 2019
Please not only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Beigium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB