On 03/Dec/2019 / In NGO Jobs
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carry out quality control and comprehensive physical, chemical and microbiological analysis of raw water, potable water, swimming pool water and Sewage water at Water treatment plant;
- Carry out jar test to assist the operators to determine appropriate chemical dosage of raw water;
- Assist in determining quality of chemicals before purchase;
- Initiate purchase of laboratory equipment and reagents;
- Team up with the operators to carry out operation of the plants;
- Assist in generating laboratory reports on daily weekly and monthly basis;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
B.Sc/HND in Science Laboratory Technology or related field with minimum of three (3) years working experience performing related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
Have good knowledge of laboratory analysis of water.
Have good knowledge of water treatment plant, swimming and sewage system.
Be honest and hardworking with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Possess a valid driver’s license and be a good team player.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!