On 07/Dec/2019 / In NGO Jobs
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor
Ref. No.: sfh-68397
Location: Adamawa, Nigeria
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable)
The Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring direct provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services in an integrated community health centre setting, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with community stakeholders and evaluating service delivery outcomes.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
S/He will work with the programme team to develop and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the provision of ART services to Key Populations.
Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the One-stop-shop (OSS) and through mobile ART.
Supervise clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the target population and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS.
S/He will be responsible for effective management and supervision of clinicians, health service providers, volunteers and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams.
- Must possess a Medical Degree (MBBS, MBChB, or MBBCh)
- Minimum of three (3) years medical experience in providing care for clients which must be inclusive of a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the direct provision of Anti-Retroviral Therapy (ART) services in an integrated community health centre setting.
- Knowledge of global and national HIV treatment standards
Skills and Competency required:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, social and behaviour change communication skills.
- A health programming professional with good experience in diplomacy and relationship management.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop capacity in staff.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: