On 07/Dec/2019 / In NGO Jobs
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adherence Counsellor
Ref Id: sfh-40918
Location: Adamawa, Adamawa, Nigeria
Contract Duration: One-year (renewable)
The Adherence counsellor will be responsible for providing education on HIV-related issues and adherence counselling services at the health facility level within the HIV Comprehensive Care Centre (CCC)
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Provide psychosocial and continuous support as well as treatment preparation to clients in the health facility.
- Identify and address challenges/barriers to adherence.
- Organise and facilitate support group sessions for infected and affected clients, including groups with special needs, e.g. discordant couples, youth/adolescent and children.
- Address aspects of behaviour change in relation to HIV and ART.
- Support clients disclose their HIV status.
- Facilitate the delivery of relevant information to clients enrolled in the one-stop-shop (OSS).
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology or any other related course
- Minimum of two (2) years post NYSC experience, which must be inclusive of a minimum of one (1) year experience in Adherence Counsellor in HIV service delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: