On 07/Nov/2019 / In NGO Jobs
Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia - The MRC Unit The Gambia at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is one of two research units established in sub- Saharan Africa by the Medical Research Council UK and is the MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM’s single largest investment in medical research in a low and middle income country. MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM represents a unique concentration of scientific expertise and high quality research platforms in the West African region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Clinician
Location: Farafenni, Gambia
Salary: Grade 2, 30 Points
MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM is undertaking an individually-randomized, placebo-controlled phase 2b trial examining the efficacy of oral inactivated ETVAX vaccine to prevent enterotoxigenic E. coli-associated diarrhoea in Gambian children ages 6 to 18 months to be based at Farafenni, North Bank Region of The Gambia about 180 kilometres away from the coast with limited local facilities including school.
We are looking for a Research Clinician to provide clinical care, adequate documentation and supervise the field activities according to study protocol. S/he will liaise with the sponsors, local trial and safety monitors and also be involved in a range of clinical and research activities.
- MB BS or equivalent.
- Experience of staff management.
- Commitment to working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- A flexible and well-organized approach to work and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Attentiveness to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to be on-call and work outside the normal working hours.
- Paediatric, adult medical and/or obstetrics & gynaecology experience.
- Practical experience in health research in developing countries.
- Previous experience in conducting clinical trials according to ICH-GCP.
- Record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Part 1/2 of FWACP (or FWACOG) or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualifications (Masters, Doctoral level).
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access).
The salary will be paid in Grade 2-30 Points of MRCG’s payscale.
We cannot accept applications from individuals who are currently or in the last six months, employed by The Gambia Government.
The appointment is for 2 years and will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please download the "Application Form". Completed application forms and documents should be e-mailed to: email@example.com
MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates a strict no smoking policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!