On 07/Nov/2019 / In NGO Jobs
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries in three major program areas - HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth.. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
We are seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
The Medical Officer will manage the Community Health and Research Centre (CHRC) for key populations and their sex partners who engage in high risk behaviors that predispose them to increased risks of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the management of clinic and paramedical staff and oversee the day-to-day running of the community-based clinic ensuring that staff remain motivated.
- Provide clinical sensitized, unbiased KP-friendly clinical services to clients who access care at the centre and community outreach activities.
- Ensure that all program reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure the program adheres to all policies and guidelines.
- Undertake any additional activities identified by the Supervisor and Program Director, as may be deemed necessary.
- Level of Education – MBBS, MPH preferred.
- Up-to-date license to practice from the Nigeria Medical and Dental Council.
- General Communication, Supervisory & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English - Excellent
- Level of IT expertise required – Good
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
- Desired number of years of prior experience in a similar role – at least 3 years
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in PDF format (stating your current salary and salary expectations) to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the email. Example: Medical Officer (Rivers) – BEN, Joshua Ekong
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!