On 07/Nov/2019 / In NGO Jobs
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and to help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries in three major program areas - HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth.. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
We are seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
The Laboratory Scientist will coordinate the laboratory team to effectively support all programs and research activities in Rivers state.
- Coordinate the laboratory technical support to strengthen biomedical interventions in all programs and research activities.
- Provide Laboratory quality management system and support services to all projects.
- Monitor the quality and integrity of laboratory services and data at all levels.
- Contribute to timely submission of program / research reports.
- Monitor the biosafety status of the laboratory site.
- Provide routine laboratory services according to good medical laboratory practice.
- Manage laboratory inventory and reagent logistics.
- Develop and maintain a reliable laboratory management information system.
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Officer and Program Director as may be deemed necessary.
- Level of Education - Minimum of Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Current registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Effective Laboratory Quality Management System skills
- Experience in public health and infectious diseases
- Effective Laboratory data management and research literacy skills
- General Communication, supervisory and interpersonal skill level – Excellent
- Language requirements – English – excellent
- Level of IT expertise required – good
- Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
- Desired number of years of prior experience in a similar role – 3 to 5 years
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in PDF format (stating your current salary and salary expectations) to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names in the subject area of the email. Example: Laboratory Scientist (Rivers) – BEN, Joshua Ekong
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer. Nigerian national preferred
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!