On 07/Nov/2019 / In NGO Jobs
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, experienced and dynamic professionals for the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management/Communications Specialist with Infographics Experience
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Report to: Deputy Chief of Party Programs
The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming. In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95-95-95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria. The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
The knowledge Management and Communication Specialist will be responsible for knowledge management, general communications and learning functions for Jhpiego TMEC RISE Operating Platform.
The Specialist will bridge the relevant work done by project and by Jhpiego offices in country and in the US, and working closely with colleagues, will define KM agendas and topics, as well as harness and package this knowledge for dissemination through different means to Jhpiego staff, client, and partner organisation.
- Identify creative and effective ways to generate and share knowledge with a view to leveraging good practices and improving programs
- Define and produce diverse knowledge; evidence- based articles, resource guide.
- Develop Infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex information into visual representations;
- Assure cohesion across knowledge and learning activities in- country.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance for communication materials.
- Actively participates in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting;
- Works closely with TMEC RISE staff to develop information products and learning material;
- Undertake duties as specified by the Chief of Party and other assigned authorities.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development, or related field,
- Minimum of 8 years’ working experience in knowledge management and communications; i) public health; and ii) Infographica; iii) USAID development projects;
- In addition, s/he should demonstrate competencies in communicating to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences as well as excellent report writing, facilitation and inter-personal skills.
- The ideal candidate should display proven capacity to carry-out research, analysis, strategic planning, and work planning as well as an interest and experience in international development.
- Knowledge of infographic software is a plus.
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, Infographic Programs and/or other graphics programs.
- Proven ability to organize, summarize, and rewrite technical information for non-expert audiences.
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 21st November, 2019; (Time: 4:00PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and a CV as One Single Word document using the format below.
Candidate that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!