On 07/Nov/2019 / In NGO Jobs
Medical Research Council Unit The Gambia - The MRC Unit The Gambia at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is one of two research units established in sub- Saharan Africa by the Medical Research Council UK and is the MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM’s single largest investment in medical research in a low and middle income country. MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM represents a unique concentration of scientific expertise and high quality research platforms in the West African region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Trial Manager/Epidemiologist
Location: Farafenni, Gambia
Salary: Grade 2, 35 Points
MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM is undertaking an individually-randomized, placebo-controlled phase 2b trial examining the efficacy of oral inactivated ETVAX vaccine to prevent enterotoxigenic E. coli-associated diarrhoea in Gambian children ages 6 to 18 months to be based at Farafenni, North Bank Region of The Gambia about 180 kilometres away from the coast with limited local facilities including school.
A Clinical Trial Manager/Epidemiologist is being sought to support the Principal Investigator in all aspects of the management of the study. S/he will oversee the daily conduct of the study at the various sites, supervise the data entry into the eCRFs, supervise the study team of Clinicians, Nurses and the Field Workers. S/he will be the focal point for communication with the PIs, sponsor and the study team.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Part 2 FWACP or comparable Masters level training in the field of clinical trials and Epidemiology.
- Experience of coordinating large scale clinical trials in a relevant setting.
- Previous work on clinical trials following GCP requirements.
- Practical experience of health research in developing countries.
- Experience of staff management.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Commitment to working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- A flexible and well-organized approach to work and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A team player and motivator.
- Willingness to be on-call and work outside the normal working hours.
- Ability to work on databases and statistical packages.
- Record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access).
- The salary will be paid in Grade 2, 35 Points of MRCG at LSHTM’s payscale at a net monthly salary of 101, 310 Dalasi. This converts to a take home pay of $2,026 approximately per month using the prevailing Dalasi/USD exchange rate.
- Please note that the salary will be paid in Dalasi and that the USD figure quoted is only given as a guide.
- For displaced staff the package will include rent-free furnished accommodation at Farafenni, flights, displacement allowance for spouse and children, contribution to school fees and shipment of personal effects.
- The appointment will be for 2 years initially and will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
Application Closing Date
22nd November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please download the "Application Form". Completed application forms and documents should be e-mailed to: email@example.com
MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates a strict no smoking policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!