The School of Postgraduate Studies, Kogi State University, Anyigba hereby invites applications from quail find candidates for admission into Postgraduate programme; of the university, leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters Degrees as well as Doctor of Philosophy Degrees for the 2019/2020 Academic session.
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMIC & EXTENSION
- Ph.D Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Extension
- M.Sc Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Extension
- p.hD Agricultural Economics & Extension
- DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL PRODUCTION
- (Ph.D Animal Production
- M.Sc Animal Production
- Ph.D Animal Production
- DEPARTMENT OF CROP PRODUCTION
- Ph.D Agronomy (Crop Production, Crop Protection)
- M.Sc Agronomy (Crop Production, Crop Protection)
- PGD Crop Production
- DEPARTMENT OF FOOD, NUTRITION & HOME SCIENCES
- Ph.D (Food Science & Technology)
- M.Sc (Food Science & Technology)
- Ph.D (Food Science and Technology)
FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES:
- DEPARTMENT OF ARABIC & ISLAMIC STUDIE:
- Ph.D Arabic Language & Literature.
- M.A Arabic Language & Literature.
- Ph.D Amble Language & Literature.
- Ph.D Islamic Studies.
- MA Islamic Studies.
- Ph.D Islamic Studies.
- DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH & LITERARY STUDIES
- PhD (English Language)
- MA (English Language)
- Ph.D (Literature in English)
- MA (Literature in English).
- DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL STUDIES:
- Ph.D History
- M.A History
- DEPARTMENT OF PHILOSOPHY:
- Ph.D Philosophy
- M.A Philosophy
- DEPARTMENT OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- Ph.D Religious Studies (Church History, African Traditional Religion Philosophy and Religion, Religion and Society)
- M.A Religious Studies (Church History, African Traditional Religion Philosophy and Religion, Religion and Society)
- DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE ARTS
- Ph.D Theatre Arts
- MA Theatre Arts
- PGD Theatre Arts
FACULTY OF LAW:
- Master of Arts, Law and Diplomacy (MALD)
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
- PGD Accounting
- DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION:
- PhD Management
- M.Sc Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Management
- Ph.D Management
- Ph.D Marketing
- M.Sc Marketing
FACULTY OF NATURAL SCIENCES:
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOCHEMISRTY
- Ph.D Biochemistry
- M.Sc Biochemistry
- PGD Biochemistry
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Ph.D Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisherias)
- M.Sc Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)PGD Zoology (Hydrobiology and Fisheries)
- M.Sc Botany (Plant Pathology/Mycology)
- Ph.D Botany (Plant Pathology/Mycology).
- DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- Ph.D (Organic Chemistry)
- M.Phil/Ph.D (Organic thernistry)
- M.Sc (Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
- Ph.D (Polymer Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
- DEPARTMENT OF EARTH SCIENCES:
- M.Sc (Hydrogcology, Environmental and Pollution Studies)
- PGD Applied Geology
- DEPARTMENT OF MICROBIOLOGY:
- M.Sc Industrial Microbiology
- M.Sc Medical Microbiology
- DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- Ph.D Theoretical Physics (Mathematical, Nuclear)
- M.Sc Theoretical Physics (Mathematical, Nuclear)
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY AND ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES:
- Ph.D Geography (Environmental Resource Planning)
- M.Sc Geography (Environmental Resource Planning)
- Masters in Environmental Management
- Ph.D Environmental Management
- Ph.D Remote Sensing and GIS
- DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
- M.Sc Political Science
- Ph.D Political Science
- DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
- Ph.D Sociology
- M.Phil /Ph.D Sociology
- M.Sc Sociology
- PGD Sociology
- DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
- M.Pil/Ph.D Economics
- M.Sc Economics
- Ph.D Economics
- DEPARTMENT OF MASS CDMMUNICATION
- M.Sc Mass Communication
- Ph.D Mass Communication
ELIGIBILITY FOR DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) PROGRAMMES:
An applicant for admission into Ph.D programme shall:
Be a graduate of Kogi State University or any other approved University who has obtained the degree of Master of Arts or Science (MA/M.Sc). Possess a minimum of 3.5 Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade 13 in previous postgraduate core courses.
For programmes in Natural Sciences a candidate must possess a minimum of 4.0 Cumulative Grade point Average on a 5 point scale or equivalent letter grade B in previous postgraduate core courses. Candidates who do not meet the criteria in (b) & (c) above can apply for M.PhiL/Ph.D in their respective Programmes where available.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MASTER OF ARTS/MASTER OF SCIENCE (ACADEMIC)
For Masters Degree Programmes (MA/M.Sc), a candidate is required to:
- Possess a bachelor's degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University in the relevant programme.
- Possess a OGPA of not less than 3.00 for programmes in the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Possess HND and PGD at credit level in relevant fields.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD)
To qualify for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, a candidate is required to:
- Hold a minimum of mat Class degree of Kogi State University or any other recognized University.
- Have a Higher National Diploma (HND) at credit level in related fields.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY/REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
All applicants for Postgraduate admission must satisfy the '0' Level first degree requirement of Kogi Slate University, Anyigba as follows: a. Passes five '0' Level credit past at not more than two sittings in the rel evant subjects, including English Language for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, including Economics, Geography and Management Sciences.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
The application fee for ALL Postgraduate programmes is N15, 000.00 (Fifteen thousand naira only).
Note that all payments arc by Remita.
The application form can be downloaded through the following website: www.spgs.ksu.edu.ng
Candidates are required to submit the following items to the School of Postgraduate Studies: I. Completed application form 2. Relevant credentials 3 Photocopy of e-payment receipt 4. Referee forms (3) upon submission, the candidate will be given an acknowledgement slip.
Candidates are required to request their former institutions to forward their transcripts of academic records to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Kogi State University; Anyigba before the closing date of this advertisement
Sales of application forms will commence from 14th October, 2019 and close on 23rd November, 2019, 6 weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Sales of application forms will commence from 14th Octobcr,2019 and close on 23rd November, 2019, 6 weeks from the date of this advertisement.
Completed application forms should be submitted to:
The Secretary, School of Postgraduate
Studies, Kogi State University, P.M.B. 1008, Anyigba, Kogi, State.
Dr. Y.I Abubakar