United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Communication for Development Specialist (NERICC), P4
Job Number: 527169
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Key Functions, Accountabilities and Related Duties/Tasks
The holder incumbent will be expected to provide technical support to NERICC and NEMCHIC activities related to social mobilization, demand generation and related functions.
Promotion of Appropriate use of Communication for Social Development:
- Provide advice on appropriate use of communication and approach for social development, aimed at both individual behaviour change and collective action as well as policy advice.
- Provide expert advice, coordination and technical support to government counterparts and other partners in the development and strategic use of communication for social development to ensure optimum leverage and impact of communication activities on programme, policy and advocacy activities.
Capacity Building for Sustainability:
Provide advice on capacity building of communication for development teams, both within NPHCDA and among counterparts.
Oversee and advise on the development of goals, strategy, approaches, plans as well as training materials and activities to build up capacity in participatory and behaviour change communication for personnel involved in the planning, implementation and evaluation of communication for development intervention, in support of RI and PHC
Resource Mobilization and Management:
Participate in the budget planning & review process, and ensure the optimal resources from UNICEF and other partners towards C4D initiatives to support NERICC
Establish programme work plans, allocation of resources, and monitors progress and compliance.
Take appropriate actions to optimize use of programme funds and mobilize resources; improve programme efficiency, quality and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Oversee the overall allocation and disbursement of programme funds, making sure that funds are properly and effectively coordinated, monitored and liquidated.
Advanced University Degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, and participatory communication, and research, training/facilitation and impact evaluation of communication interventions.
Training in communication for development and implementation in communication for development, social mobilization and behavioral change. Training in inter-disciplinary approach in programme communication.
Minimum 8 years relevant professional work experience in the planning and management of social development programmes, including 2 years in with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
Fluency in English and another UN language. Local working language of the duty station an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2019 by 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!