The African Journal of Nursing and Health Research (AJNHR) formerly known as Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria Research Journal (ISSN: 2141-2574) is a bi-annual journal and official publication of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. The aim of the Journal is to open the space for dissemination of scholarly articles in nursing specialties, basic medical sciences, clinical sciences, nutrition, medical sociology, psychology, medical laboratory sciences, physiotherapy and other health related disciplines.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHOR
The Journal will consider original manuscripts and solicited articles that have not been published or under consideration for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts for submission to this journal must be prepared in English language with the following guidelines:
- Structured abstract with maximum of 250 words comprising background, methods, results, conclusions and five (5) keywords
- Manuscript of maximum of 4,500 words excluding tables, figures and references.
- References that conform to A.P.A style using the guidelines below:
Melnyk, B. M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2011). Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare: A guide to best practice. (2 ed.). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Obaro, S. (2009). Neumococcal infections and sickle cell disease in Africa: Does absence of evidence imply evidence of absence? Archives of Disease in Childhood, 94(9), 713–716. Referencing Multiple authors:
Needleman, J., Buerhaus, P., Mattke, S., Stewart, M., & Zelevinsky, K., (2002). Nursestaffing levels and the quality of care in hospitals. N. Engl. J. Med. 346, 1715–1722.
Jacob, S. (2012). THR Pilot Study: Wireless Monitoring Cuts Heart Failure Readmissions by 27 Percent « D Healthcare Daily, http://healthcare dmagazine.com/2012/08/13/thr-pilot-study-wireless-monitoring-cutsheart-failure-readmissions-by-27-percent/retrieved28July2019
- Microsoft Word Format using Times New Roman font size, 12 double spacing
- Authors of manuscripts accepted for processing shall be required to pay the sum of #15,000 or $50 for international authors.
- Maximum of six (6) tables in Microsoft word vii. Sources and evidence of permission for blindfolded pictures should be attached as supplementary documents
- Evidence of ethical approval
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
All submitted manuscripts will pass through screening by the editorial board. Manuscripts that are judged to be relevant and prepared according to the guideline of the journal will be sent to two independent reviewers in the field. Feedback from reviewers will be sent to the authors stating the decision on the manuscript.
MANUSCRIPT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
Editor in Chief
African Journal of Nursing and Health Research (AJNHR)
Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
Via this e-mail address- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org