The Upcoming FOLGONM Annual Conference themed SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS; NURSES AT THE FOREFRONT OF TRANSFORMING LIVES TODAY AND TOMORROW will hold between 15th of October to 18th of October, 2019.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 for the year 2030. The SDGs are part of Resolution 70/1 of the United Nations General Assembly, the 2030 Agenda.
The Sustainable Development Goals are:
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender Equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inqualities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnership for the goals
The goals are broad based and interdependent. The 17 sustainable development goals each have a list of targets that are measured with indicators.
Nurses support the global goals, thus our efforts are geared towards transforming lives today and tomorrow through effective, efficient and equitable Nursing services delivery to the generality of our people.
Venue: Adeyemi Bero Hall, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.
Time: 10am prompt daily.