This is to inform the general public that online sale of the Bayero University, Kano, Postgraduate Application Forms for the 2018/2019 Academic Session that commenced on Tuesday 23rdJuly, 2019, icon-going. All interested Applicants should visit the Bayero University website: www.buk.edu.ng for details about available programmes and the procedure of applying online.
Please note the following information:
- The cost of each application is Twelve Thousand Naira (N12,000) only, including administrative charges.
- The duration of the sale and submission of Application Forms is from Tuesday 23rd July to Friday 18th October, 2019.
- An Applicant should ensure that he/she has the entry requirements for the programme applied for, plus five '0' Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics as appropriate.
- Applicants for Ph.D/M.Phil and Academic Masters' programmes should ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Bayero University, Kano. Note that Applicants for Ph.D programmes are to provide a short research proposal of not more than 350 words in the space provided on the online application form. The proposal should indude title, statement of the problem and objectives.
The Application Procedure:
STEP 1 Visit www.buk.edu.ng and under the PROSPECTIVE STUDENT TAB dick Applications at the home page. Login using FULL NAME OF THE APPLICANT and select "Applying for a Postgraduate Programme, A username and password will be generated for you. Please take careful note of them, as you need them for subsequent steps of the application process.
STEP 2 Login to your account and generate/print your BUK Personalised Payment Form (BUKPPF). A non-refundable application fee of N12,000 (Twelve Thousand Naha Only) is reflected on applicant's BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and e-Coliection platform (wvnv.remita.net). Applicants must make sure that they entered ALL the information of the BUKPPF EXACTLY. Applicants must also ensure that all of the following are captured exactly as they are written on the BUKPPF:
- Name of MDA
- Name of Service/Purpose
- Description Amount to Pay (N)
- Application No
- BUKPPF ID
- Payer's Full Name
- Payer's Email
- Payer's Phone
Payer's Phone Note that Payer (Payer's Full Name, Payer's Email, Payer's Phone) means the applicant, so even if the applicant is not the one making the payment (payment by prcow) make sure to use the applicant information and his/her name in all relevant places, spelt correctly. Applicants should cross check the accuracy of the information before submitting, to avoid problems later.
STEP 3 Return to www.buk.edu.ng and login with your username and password to fill in the Application Forms, Programme Selection Form, Personal Data Form, Qualifications Form.
STEP 4 Transcript Request Form shall also be filled by candidates for Ph.D, M.Phil and Academic Masters' Programmes in addition to the fonts listed in Step 3 above. The applicant prints and processes this at the relevant institution. A copy of the request form MUST accompany the transcript copy, to ensure correct routing.
STEP 5 Review your forms to ensure accuracy of all information provided. Click `SUBMIT’ to complete the application process.
STEP 6 An Acknowledgement Slip will be generated for you immediately. Print the Slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letter, screening and during registration.
If you have any enquiry or are encountering any difficulty, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org dearly stating the difficulties or enquiries.
Payment at the bank opened on Tuesday 23rd. July, 2019 and closes on Friday, 18th October, 2019. The website for completing the Application Forms will close by 11:59pm on Sunday, 20th October, 2019.
NOTE: All admitted candidates will be required to present their NYSC discharge certificates or exemption letters, as the case maybe.
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES