Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the postgraduate programmes of Akwa Ibom State University for the 2019/2020 academic year as follows:
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
a) Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension:
PGD in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
PGD in Agricultural Economics
M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics with specialization in: Agribusiness management, food marketing and international trade, farm management and production economics, consumer welfare and food economics, resource and environmental economics, agricultural project planning and appraisal, agricultural cooperative, agricultural financial management.
M.Sc. in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
b) Department of Animal Science
PGD in Animal Science
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Animal Science with specialization in: Animal breeding and genetics, animal nutrition and biochemistry, animal physiology, animal products and processing, animal production and management, pasture and range management.
c) Department of Crop Science
PGD in Crop Science
M.Sc. in Crop Science with specialization in: Plant Breeding and Genetics, Crop Physiology, Horticulture, Seed Science and Technology, Weed Science, Entomology, Crop Production and Farming Systems.
Ph.D. in Crop Science with specialization in: crop physiology, horticulture, plant breeding, weed science, seed science and technology.
d) Department of Soil Science
PGD in Soil Science
M.Sc. in Soil Science with specialization in: Soil Microbiology, Pedology, Soil Physics and Conservation, Soil Chemistry and Mineralogy, Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition, Soil Survey and Land Use Planning and Environmental Management.
2. FACULTY OF ARTS
a) Department of Philosophy
M.A. and Ph.D. in Philosophy with specialization in: Metaphysics, Epistemology, Moral Philosophy (Ethics), Logic, History of Philosophy, African Philosophy and Political Philosophy.
b) Department of Religious and Cultural Studies
M.A. and Ph.D. in Religious and Cultural Studies with Specialization in African Traditional Religion, Biblical Studies, New Testament, Old Testament, Church History, Philosophy of Religion, Islamic Studies and Sociology of Religion.
c) Department of Performing Arts
M.A. and Ph.D. in Performing Arts with specialization in: Theatre, Film Design and Technology; Arts and Events Management; Acting, Dance and Choreography; Media, Directing and Script Writing; Theatre for Development.
3. FACULTY OF EDUCATION
a) Department of Science Education
PGD in Library & Information Science (PGDLIS)
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
M.Ed. and Ph.D in Educational Research, Measurement and Evaluation
M.Ed. and Ph.D. in: Integrated Science Education, Mathematics Education, Chemistry Education, Biology Education and Physics Education.
4. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
a) Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
PGD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
M.Eng. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with specialization: Electronics, Telecommunication, Communications Network and Security.
b) Department of Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
PGD in Chemical Engineering
M.Eng. in Petrochemical Engineering
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
5. FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCE
a) Department of Geology
PGD in Geology
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Geology with specialization in: Structural Geology and Tectonics, Applied Geophysics, Sedimentary and Petroleum Geology, Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, Mineral Exploration, Biostratigraphy.
b) Department of Mathematics
PGD in Mathematics
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Mathematics with specialization in: Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics.
c) Department of Physics
PGD in Physics
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Physics with specialization in: Atmospheric Physics and Space Physics, Geophysics, Electronics and Engineering Physics and Communication Physics, Radiation and Health and Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics and Mathematical Physics, Energy and Environmental Physics.
d) Department of Statistics
PGD in Statistics
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Statistics with specialization in: Sample Survey Theory and Methods, Design and Analysis of Experiments, Optimal Designs of Experiments, Multivariate Analysis, Non-Parametric Statistics, Time Series, Operations Research.
e) Department of Chemistry
PGD in Chemistry
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Chemistry with specialization in: Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, Petroleum Geochemistry and processing.
f) Department of Computer Science
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Computer Science
M.Sc. in Computer Science.
6. FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE
a) Department of Genetics and Biotechnology
PGD in Biotechnology
b) Department of Botany
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Botany with specialization in: Plant Taxonomy and Bisystematics, Plant Physiology and Phytochemistry, Plant Ecology, Plant Pathology and Mycology.
c) Department of Zoology
PGD in Zoology
M.Sc. in Zoology with specialization in: Entomology, Parasitology, Hydrobiology and Fisheries.
d) Department of Microbiology
PGD in Microbiology
M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Microbiology with specialization in: Microbial Biotechnology, Environmental Microbiology, Food and Industrial Microbiology and Medical Microbiology.
e) Department of Marine Biology
M.Sc. in Marine Biology with specialization in: Marine Biology and Fishery Ecology, Marine Environmental Science, Oceanography.
7. FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
a) Department of Business Administration
PGD in Business Administration M.Sc. and MBA in Business Administration.
Candidates are requested to log onto Akwa Ibom State University website www.aksu.edu.ng to read details of admission requirements.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Application forms can be accessed online on payment of N15,000.00 (fifteen thousand naira) only. The following steps should be followed:
- Visit http://www.aksu.edu.ng/pg/portal
- Click the “APPLY” button
- Select the Postgraudate Programme Link
- Select “Bank”
- Enter your full name, a valid e-mail address and phone number
- Click “Pay Now”
- Generate a payment analysis slip and proceed to any of the designated banks with the slip to make payment.
- Follow step 1-3
- On the dashboard, click “Already Paid”
- Provide your payment “Reference Number”
- Click “Verify and Continue” to complete the registration.
- Complete the Online registration form by providing the required information
- Ensure that you have scanned and upload the following documents.
- SSC or its equivalent
- Degree / HND/ OND
- PGD/PGDG/( For M.Sc. applicants only,
- M.Sc./M.A./M.Ed./MBA (for Ph.D. applicants only
- NYSC (discharge/exemption/exclusion)
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of origin
- Click the SUBMIT button after filling the form.
- PRINT the registration confirmation slip as proof of registration.
- Applicants must return their completed forms with a Thesis/Dissertation proposal captured on the prescribed school of postgraduate studies proposal sheet. Such proposals should include the following: Title, Aim/Objectives, relevance of study, Metodology, expected results among others.
- Candidates should remember to request, at time of purchase of the forms that their relevant academic transcript should be forwarded to; the secretary, school Postgraduate studies, Akwa Ibom State University, P.M.B. 1167, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. In addition, completed reference forms should be forward to the email address which is stated in the admission form. Admissions will not normally be offered without transcript and completed reference forms.
- Please, ensure that all e-mail addresses provided are valid.
- All information uploaded and provided must be correct to avoid being disqualified.
Closing Date: All completed application forms should be submitted online, with uploaded copies of relevant credentials and a copy of the receipt of payment for the application form, not later than October 25th 2019.
John E. Udo