Summit Orthopaedic hospital is a start up company dedicated to providing cutting edge solutions to bone and joint problems.
• We are looking for a competent Nurse/ physician assistant to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times.
• They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
• Assess patients prior to surgery e.g. NPO status and alleviate their concerns
• Gather all supplies needed for the operation
• Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
• Position and prepare patient on operating table
• Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
• Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
• Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
• Adhere to safety standards and precautions
• Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned
• Assessing patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
• Gathering all supplies needed for the operation
• Assuming responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
• Communicate with physicians, LPNs, radiologists and other medical professionals
• Track and maintain medical supply inventory along with other staff members
• Full-time role will include providing a full range of duties including:
• Proven experience as operating room nurse circulating and scrub
• Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
• Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
• In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
• Outstanding organizational ability
• A great team player with excellent communication skills
• Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina
• Bachelor's Degree/HND
• Other Requirements:
Must possess the current license
Basic knowledge of the role
Experience in perioperative Nursing is desirable
Resident in Lagos, preferably Egbeda and its environs.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB