The National Pension Commission is vested with the responsibility of issuing Pension Clearance Certificates to employers. The Commission has continued to inform the general public of the transparent processes put in place and the ease of obtaining the clearance certificate.
Accordingly, the Commission reiterates its advice to employers to deal directly with the National Pension Commission in matters relating to issuance of Pension Clearance Certificate.
Meanwhile, employers wishing to obtain the Pension Clearance Certificates are required to forward their applications to the Commission along with the following documents;
- Certified list of employees of the organization as at the end of the last fiscal year. The certification should be done by an authorized official of the applicant organization.
- Certified rate of monthly pension contributions (specifying employer and employee rates). The rates relating to the monthly emoluments are;
a) Minimum of ten per cent (10%) by the employer; and
b) Minimum of eight per cent (8%) by the employee.
- Evidence of remittance of monthly pension contributions for all employees as follows;
a) For the last three fiscal years for organizations that were in existence for that period and have three (3) or more staff.
b) For organizations that have not been in existence for the last three fiscal years, from the date of incorporation/ registration/ licensing to the last fiscal year.
4. Evidence of remittance of all outstanding pension contributions and penalties (for late remittances). This is ONLY applicable to organizations whose pension contributions have been reviewed by the Commission or its Agent.
5. Evidence of transfer of pension fund and assets prior to the commencement of the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) to a licensed pension fund operator. This is ONLY applicable to organizations that had pension arrangements or were in custody of pension assets before June 2004, when the CPS commenced.
6. Evidence of a current Group Life Insurance Policy for staff specifying the number of lives and sum assured.
Applications can be submitted at either the Commission's Head Office at Plot 174, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent Wuse II, Abuja or the following Zonal Offices;
i) North-West Zonal Office (Kano), No 22, Kazaure Road, Bompai Kano, Kano State.
ii) South-East Zonal Office (Awka), Beside Eco Bank Plc, opposite Government House, Onitsha-Enugu Expressway Awka, Anambra State.
iii) South-West Zonal Office (Lagos), 88A, Oduduwa Crescent GRA Ikeja, Lagos.
iv) South-South Zonal Office (Calabar), Plot 9, PCN Layout, Diamond Hill, Calabar Cross River State.
v) North-Central Zonal Office (Ilorin), Plot 1, Aderemi Adeleye Street, Off Fate Road GRA, Ilorin Kwara State.
vi) North-East Zonal Office (Gombe), Plot 10, Gombe-Biu Road, Gombe, Gombe State.
Applicants should note that it takes 15 working days from the date of receipt for an application to be processed. Certificates or rejections can be picked up at the offices where the applications were submitted. Also, applicants can track their applications by visiting the Commission's website www.pencom.gov.ng where the list of organizations issued Certificates is updated daily.