The next Assessment Examination of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria is scheduled to hold from Wednesday 27 November to Thursday 28 November 2019 at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Kano State.
A. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The examination shall be for candidates trained in ALL Countries (other than Nigeria) and whose training institutions are currently listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (www.wdoms.org); and for Nigeria-trained doctors that either failed to complete their internship within twenty-four months of graduation or students whose medical/dental schools have lost their accreditations.
- Candidates must hold medical/dental degrees of approved medical or dental training institutions that shall be verified by Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC).
- Candidates must show evidence of eligibility to practice medicine/dentistry in the Country of training. A current practising license and a Certificate of Good Standing from the Country's medical/dental regulatory authority shall be required.
B. EXAMINATION FORMAT:
The examination shall consist of:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) covering all aspects of Basic and Clinical Sciences in Medicine and Dentistry.
- Short Answer Questions (for medical candidates only).
- Long Essay Questions (for medical candidates only).
- Clinical Examination comprising Long and Short Cases or Objectives Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
- Practical Clinical Examination in Conservative Dentistry and Oral Surgery (for Dental candidates only).
- Practical Examination which may include such items as identification of instruments, specimens, interpretation of slides, radiographs and laboratory investigations.
- Oral Examination (Viva voce).
- English Language paper for non-English speaking graduates from medical/dental schools whose language of instruction is not English.
C. EXAMINATION FEES
- Nigerian Citizens - N125,000
- Non-Nigerian Citizens N200,000
- Other charges (Dental materials for dental candidates only) N25,000
D. APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms, at the cost of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000) only, are downloadable from MDCN's website (www.mdcn.gov.ng) or can be collected at any of Councils Offices.
All payments are to be made in favour of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria through MDCN REMITA link: https: / /login.remita.net/remita/external/MDCN/collector/payments.reg.
E. REOUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
- Evidence of verification of credentials by EPIC with the report sent directly to MDCN.
- ii. Evidence of payment of required fees to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Photocopies of all relevant academic certificates i.e GCE/SSCE/NECO (5 credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at not more than two sittings), medical/dental degree certificates.
- Relevant portions of International Passport (Visa & Departure pages).
- Two (2) recent, colour passport-size photographs.
- Birth certificate or statutory declaration of age.
- Current practising license/evidence of eligibility to practice medicine/dentistry in the Country of training, issued by the Medical/ Dental Regulatory Authority (MRA) in that country.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Medical/Dental Regulatory Authority (MRA) should be sent directly to MDCN.
- Closing date for submission of application forms is one month before the date of examination (25 October 2019)
- All applications with supporting documents must reach the Office of the Registrar at Plot 1102, Cadastral Zone B 11 , Off Oladipo Diya Road, Behind Prince & Princess Estate, Kaura District, P.M.B. 458, Garki, Abuja, FCT or any of our Zonal offices not later than the stated closing date (25 October 2019).
F. INELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION
- Medical/ Dental students yet to be fully released by their Universities need not apply.
- Applicants without all required credentials.
- Applicants from medical/dental schools not listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS).
- Only the first 800 (Eight hundred) candidates to apply will be registered for the Examination.
- ii. MDCN will not organise remedial course for the purpose of this examination. Candidates are however at liberty to approach any accredited Teaching Hospital, for the same purpose, except Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Kano State where the clinical examination will hold.
Candidates will be informed of the venue of the CBT part of the examination before the date of the examination.
MDCN Zonal Offices
- No.25, Ahmed Onibudo Street, Victoria Island , P.M.B.12611, Lagos, Lagos State.
- No. 2, Ogufere Street, Off Okpara Avenue, P.M.B. 1431, Enugu, Enugu State.
- Plot 3, Unguwan Gwari Crescent, Kawo (Zaria Road), Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- No. 13, Peter Tokula Street, GRA, florin, Kwara State