Federal University Dutse was established in 2011. It is located in the ancient city of Dutse the Jigawa State capital. The University seeks to attract a diverse and international Faculty and Students body to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationship with many universities and higher educational institutions in Nigeria and across the world.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant Academic position below:
Job Title: Professor - CONUASS 7
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a lecturing position in the Faculty of Sciences under the following departments:
- Biological Science
- Environmental Science
- Microbiology and Biotechnology
Qualifications and Requirements
Candidates should he holders of Ph.D Degree from recognized Universities with at least ten (10) years teaching, research and administrative experience in a tertiary institution.
Candidates- must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic and research leadership, Candidates must also be specialist in core areas of departmental fields of study with evidence of many scholarly publications in both local and international reputable learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Candidates who are not already Professors in recognized universities will not be shortlisted for professorial position
Additional Information on Requirements:
Although, Federal University Dutse (FUD) encourages young postdoctoral and midcareer aspiring academics, only candidates with PhD degrees will be shortlisted for any of these positions. FUD reserves the right to demand additional qualities from a potential member of the community.
Federal University Dutse will not appoint and promote at the same time, and will place candidates at a salary scale appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
FUD will not entertain any petition for upgrade of salary or adjustment in rank once a candidate has been appointed and acceptance letter submitted.
All appointed staff are required to be physically and actively resident in the respective departments. FUD does not have staff housing.
Further, all applicants are expected to be fully computer literate and comprehensively familiar with internet and online technologies of instruction,
In compliance with Federal Character Commission regulations, FUD will consider employing applicants from the six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria and reserves the rght to ensure this balance in its short-listing of potential employees.
The salary and other conditions of service are similar to what obtains in the Nigeria University System. Candidates will be offered position commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information about themselves supported by photocopies of Qualifications, Publications, Work experience, Present address (where applicable), in the following Order:
- Full names with surname in Capital
- Functional Email and phone contacts
- Post desired and Department
- Date of Birth, Town and State of Origin, Geopolitical Zone
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No.)
- Marital Status
- Names, Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Spouse
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualification with dates
- Work Experience from Date & Status of First Appointment
- Present Employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications in details i.e Books, Journals, Contributions to Books, Papers presented at National/International Conferences. FUD will not accept letters from editors indicating acceptance for as yet unpublished works.
- Extra-curricular activities and any other relevant information
- Name and Address of three (3) Referees
All Applications should be addressed and sent to the address below with the post applied for and Department indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application:
Federal University Dutse,
Ibrahim Aliyu By-pass,
P.M.B. 7156, Dutse,
- Reports from three (3) referees, two (2) of which must be authorities in the candidate’s area of specialization should be independently sent to the Registrar. Candidates whose Referees did not submit their report directly to the Registrar on or before the Closing Date above will not be shortlisted for the interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview