Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into professional part-time Postgraduate programmes In the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for the 2019/2020 Academic Session. The sale of Online Application Forms shall be open from 12 July 2019 - 17 September 2019 at a rate of Ten thousand Naira (10.000.00). The following Master degree and Postgraduate Diploma programmes are available in the faculties and departments listed below:
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. Department of Accounting & Management
a. Master in Business Administration (MBA)
b. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance (PGDAF)
c. Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
2. Department of Economics
a. Master in Financial Economics (MFE)
3. Department of Geography
a. Postgraduate Diploma in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System (PGDRS/GIS)
b. Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management (PGDEM)
4 Department of History & War Studies
a. Master in Conflict, Security & Development (MCSD)
b. Master in Development Studies (MDS)
c. Master in Leadership Studies (MLS)
5. Department of Political Science and Defence Studies
a. Master in International Affairs and Strategic Studies (MIASS)
b. Master in Strategy and Secunty Administration (MASSA)
c. Master in Public Administration (MPA)
d. Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA)
6. Department of Psychology
a. Master in Criminology and Forensic Psychology
b. Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (PGDCP)
FACULTY OF MILITARY SCIENCE AND INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES
7. Department of Intelligence and Cyber Security
a. Master in Cyber Security
b. Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligence and Security Studies
c. Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Security
8. Department of Computer Science
a. Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGDCS)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Department of Civil Engineering
a. Postgraduate Diploma in Civil Engineering (PGDCE)
10. Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
a. Postgraduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering (PGDEE)
11. Department of Mechanical Engineering
a. Master in Production Management (MPM)
b. Postgraduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (PGDME)
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
12. Department of Biological Sciences.
a. Postgraduate Diploma in Biotechnology (PGDBT)
13. Department of Chemistry
a. Master in Forensic Science (MFS)
b. Postgraduate Diploma in Forensic Science (PGDFS)
14. Department of Mathematics
a. Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics and Data Analysis (PGDSDA)
15. The requirements for the various programmes are as follows:
a. Masters Degree: Candidates applying for the part-time programmes must possess a Bachelor degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division). Candidates with Third Class degree or Higher National Diploma must also possess a Postgraduate Diploma at credit level in a related discipline from any recognized University to be eligible for admission. HND candidates must possess a minimum of Lower Credit to apply.
b. PGD Programmes: Candidates applying for the Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a minimum of Third Class Bachelors degree from the Nigerian Defence Academy or any other recognised University, or Higher National Diploma at a minimum of Lower Credit.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
16. The duration of professional programmes are as follows:
a. A student for Master degree shall pursue the programme for 18 months (2 semesters course work and 1 semester for project) except MBA programme which runs for 2 years.
b. A student for Postgraduate diploma shall pursue the programme for one year (2 semesters) except engineering courses which runs for 2 years.(4 semesters).
c. Professional master degree and postgraduate diploma programmes are delivered on Fridays and Saturdays.
17. The Academy reserves the right to step down any programme prior to commencement without notice.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
18. Online application: Upon purchase of Access Codes, prospective applicants should follow the link on NDA website www.nda.edu.ng or log on to pgapplications.nda.edu.ng to complete the Online application Form.
For further enquiries, please contact. The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Nigerian Defence Academy, PMB. 2109, Kaduna - 08035902949.
19. CAUTION The general public should beware of fraudsters who may be impersonating the Academy. For this reason, applicants are advised to contact the NDA to clear any doubtful information.