In collaboration with the JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY, if MINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the Niger Delta University? Invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the Pre-Degree Programmes for 2019/2020 session.
The Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificates which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission to 200 level of the degrees offered by the Niger Delta University and other JUPEB affiliated Universities in Nigeria and Universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificates (HSC) orl1MB.
For admission into the Niger Delta University and other JUPEB affiliate institutions, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by Departments and Faculties of choice.
Candidates seeking admission to the JUPEB Pre-degree Programmes must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in at least Five (5) subjects at "0" Level, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTE8).
The following Faculties and Departments are available
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
- Department of Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology
- Department of Crop and Soil Science
- Department of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies
- Department of Animal Science.
FACULTY OF ARTS:
- Department of English and Literary Studies
- Department of History and Diplomacy
- Department of Theatre Arts
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religious Studies
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
- Department of Arts Educational
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Social Science Education
- Department of Educational Foundations
- Department of Vocational/industrial Technology
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
- Department of Agricultural/Environmental Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering/Hydrology
- Department of Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
FACULTY OF LAW
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Department of Finance & Accountancy:
- Accountancy Banking & Finance Insurance
- Department of Business Administration Management Marketing
- Department of Office Information Management
FACULTY OF NURSING:
FACULTY OF PHARMACY:
FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
- Department of Biological Science
- Department of Mathematics/Computer Science
- Department of Geology
- Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography/Environmental Management
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
All the combinations above meet the entry requirement for direct admission to Degree Programmes in the Niger Delta University and other JUPEB affiliate Universities.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME:
The duration of the study is one Academic Session of two Semesters. It is strictly a non-residential programme.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
Registration will start from Wednesday, July 10 - Monday, September 30, 2019. The Registration Process is as follows:
- Go to any Access Diamond Bank Branch in Nigeria. Purchase an e-pin slip for Niger Delta University Pre-degree Programme for a fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15, 000.00) only. The University will not subsidize other charges such as bank charges.
- After Payment Go to Eresoft Opposite First Bank, Amarata — Yenagoa for further processes.
For further information:
Log on to our admissions website: www.predegree.ndu.ac or www.ndu.edu.ng
Closing date for the submission of forms is Monday, September 30, 2019.
Mrs. Effua E. Berepubo, FNIM