The Centre for Reproductive Health and Innovation University of Benin in collaboration with Chicago State University and Fayetteville State University, USA invites application for a Five-day Workshop on Research Methodology, Data Analysis, and Publication on July 8 - 12, 2019.
The Contra of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation ICERHI) at the University of Benin, is an African Centro of Excellence (ACE) internationally accredited by the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA) with the mandate to build capacity for addressing the challenges related to reproductive health, population, and development in the West and Central African region. CERHI recently created a Data Analysis and Presentation Unit with a critical focus to improve on data analysis and presentation among research scientists, particularly in the biomedical sciences, as part of CERHI's mandate to build capacity and promote research excellence. This workshop represents me first in the series of data management and analysis workshops planned.
Workshop Learning Objectives
At the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to
- Ask appropriate research questions, search the literature and discuss the Implications of research for development
- Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative research approaches and be able to identify methodological and statistical pitfalls
- Describe the common experimental designs, determine sample size and the psychometric properties of a field research instrument
- Code and analyze quantitative data using SPSS software and analyze qualitative data using the Atlas and NVivo software
- Disseminate research findings using appropriate media and technologies
Audience: Lecturers, Clinicians, Researchers, Scholars and Postgraduate Students in Universities, Polytechnics and Teaching /Specialist Hospitals
Venue: CERHI Building, University of Benin. Benin City. Nigeria
Date: July 8 – 12, 2019: Onsite Registration from 8:00am - 9:00am
Participants should be proficient in the English language and come to the workshop with their laptop computers. Participants are responsible for their accommodation and travel expenses
50,000 NGN for Nigerian nationals and $150 for foreign participants The course fee covers the tuition and training materials for 5 days.
Interested participants should register online at http://bit.ly/CERHIWORKSHOP Payment should be made to the following University Account : CERHI Project Account 6060424621 Fidelity bank Onsite registration and payment are welcome
Accommodation is pre-arranged upon request. For reservations contact us at: Email: email@example.com Phone: +2348039101991, +2348120608497
Mrs. O. A. Oshodin