1. Application and eligibility
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Diploma (ND) and (HND) programme, (full-time) of the School of Health Information Management for the 2019/2020 session.
Applicants for ND programme must be candidates who sat for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) Conducted in 2019. The candidates must have a minimum score of 140 to be qualified to apply and to be screened.
Admission Requirement for National Diploma (ND) /Educational qualification
In addition to a minimum score 140 in 2019 UTME which requires any three subjects from Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Economics, Yoruba, Government and Religious Knowledge.
- Candidates should also posses the West African School Certificate/General Certificate of Education/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO with 5 passes at credit level in five (5) papers obtained at not more than two (2) sittings
- These papers must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Sciences, Chemistry/Physics and any other 1 subject from Economics, Government, Geography, Religious Knowledge and any Nigerian language.
Admission Requirement for Higher National Diploma (HND) /Educational qualification
- Applicant must meet the requirement for National Diploma Admission. He/She must possess National Diploma Certificate or Health Records Technician Certificate.
- Candidates with ND certificates in Health Information Management must have evidence of one year industrial training and should possess professional license certificate by the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN).
Other Relevant Information
- Candidate should please note that late completion and submission of forms will not be entertained.
- Any candidate with blurred or unclear passport photograph on the form will not be admitted for the screening exercise as the photograph will be used as a means of identification.
- Any candidate who fails to present himself or herself for the screening exercise as scheduled will not be considered for admission.
- Applicants are advised to attend the exercise with the detached slip from their application forms as well as their writing materials.
- The use of GSM and other electronic devices will NOT be allowed during the screening exercise.
- Photocopies of relevant documents must be clear and legible
- Evidence of change of names where applicable, must be attached to the application form.
Duration of Course
- Two (2) calendar years commencing from October, 2019 (Full-Time Programme).
- The course is non-residential. However, there is limited accommodation on first come first serve basis.
- All completed application forms with original receipt of payment must reach the office of the Registrar, School’s Complex on or before 31st August, 2019.
For further information please contact the following G.S.M. Nos:
08030621725 (School Coordinator)