On 17/Jun/2019 / In Scholarships
The Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SASMF) is offering scholarships to students who commenced undergraduate and Higher National Diploma studies during the 2017/2018 academic session.
The scholarship scheme is part of the Foundation's focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria and it provides financial support for 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma students of Northern Nigeria origin in accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria annually through the awards.
The scholarship award is worth N100,000.00 (One hundred thousand Naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum CGPA equivalent of "Second Class, Lower Division" for university students and "Upper Credit" for polytechnic students.
Applications are hereby invited for the 2017/2018 session. The scholarship is available to qualified and successful applicants of northern state origin who gained admission into 100 level (through JME), 200 levels (through Direct Entry) for degree and HND 1 programme in the 2017/2018 academic session and are presently undertaking their studies.
Only candidates who were admitted into science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
• Offer of admission into a full time degree or NW) programme in a public university or polytechnic
• Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full time student
• Credit in 5 "O" level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
• Must be indigenes of the Federal Capital Territory or any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
• Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university a polytechnic
• A letter of reference from a community leader
However, meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and candidate's ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Qualified and interested candidates should send their personal information (not more than one page) in the following format using MS Word and as an attached document to email@example.com
1. Full Names On the order of first name, middle name, surname)
2. GSM phone number(s)
3. Email address
4. Age, Date of Birth, Place of Birth
5. Gender (male or female)
6. State of Origin
7. Local Government Area
8. Name & phone number of a community leader from the applicant's LGA known to him/her
9. Name of University/Polytechnic
10. Course of Study & Level
11. Scholarship and/or Bursary held currently
12. WAEC/NECO Result (list subject and grades)
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following:
• 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
• State of Origin Certificate
• Birth Certificate
• JAMB examination result
• Original copies of admission letters from JAMB and the Institution
• Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
• Valid student identification card
• WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
• A letter of reference from a community leader in the applicant's LGA
• Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
• Incomplete applications will not be processed
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation's website
• Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered
Closing date for submission of application is two (2) weeks from the date of this publication.
ATTEND AN UPCOMING INSTRUCTOR COURSE: AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION (AHA) BLS/ FIRSTAID
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!