Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to academic/non-academic positions in various Departments at the Rivers state University, Port Harcourt.
All persons already employed in the Public Service of Local, State and Federal Government need not to apply.
The positions required are:
- Senior Lecturers
QUAUFICATIONS FOR ACADEMIC
Candidates for the positions listed must satisfy the following Criteria:
1. Senior Lecturers
- At least 5 years teaching experience
- Must have a PhD in the relevant areas to be qualified for appointment
- Outstanding teaching ability and effectiveness as a University Lecturer.
- Satisfactory contribution to institutional growth and development.
- Appreciable research and publication record
- Evidence of involvement in professional and relevant activities of the institution and outside community.
- Ability to conduct research with at least five Journal papers in the candidate’s discipline cited on Google Scholar.
- In the Basic Medical Sciences, candidate must have a PhD or its equivalent such as MD degree of Nigerian or British Universities. In the Clinical Sciences, candidates must have a Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons/Physicians (FWACS/FWACP) or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria. (NPMCN.) or their equivalents
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies of their Application with detailed Curricula Vitae (CV) plus one photocopy each of their certificates with other relevant documents to the address below. Their Curricula Vitae should indicate:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Current Post Address
- Cell (Phone) Number and e-mail address
- Marital Status
- Number/Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended
- Employment Records
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
All submissions should be addressed and sent to:
Rivers State University,
P.M.B 5080, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.
The sealed envelope containing the application should indicate at the top left hand corner the position sought. All candidates should nominate three (3) referees who would also be required to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the same address. Such references should equally be received not later than 28th June, 2019.
Note: All applicants should cite this publication in their applications.