Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to academic/non-academic positions in various Departments at the Rivers state University, Port Harcourt.
All persons already employed in the Public Service of Local, State and Federal Government need not to apply.
The positions required are:
QUAUFICATIONS FOR ACADEMIC
Candidates for the positions listed must satisfy the following Criteria:
- At least 7 years teaching, research and/or industrial/ Professional. Experience with PhD In the relevant areas
- Outstanding research and publications and at least 10 Journal papers in the candidate’s discipline cited on Google Scholar.
- Outstanding teaching record with academic leadership qualities such as:
- Ability to initiate, develop and supervise Research projects
- Supervision of students
- Contribution to the development and growth of the institution and outside community.
- Assessment by three External Assessors In the same area of the candidate's specialization.
- At least 7 years research and administrative experience with PhD or its equivalent such as MD degree of Nigerian or British Universities. In the Clinical Sciences, candidates must have a Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons/Physicians (FWACS/FWACP) or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN) or their equivalents.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies of their Application with detailed Curricula Vitae (CV) plus one photocopy each of their certificates with other relevant documents to the address below. Their Curricula Vitae should indicate:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Current Post Address
- Cell (Phone) Number and e-mail address
- Marital Status
- Number/Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended
- Employment Records
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
All submissions should be addressed and sent to:
Rivers State University,
P.M.B 5080, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.
The sealed envelope containing the application should indicate at the top left hand corner the position sought. All candidates should nominate three (3) referees who would also be required to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the same address. Such references should equally be received not later than 28th June, 2019.
Note: All applicants should cite this publication in their applications.