Our client is a leading provider of world-class healthcare services for over 15 years in Lagos. The facility is a growing family practice that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high quality patient-centered family medicine.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute in a rapidly growing organization.
Position: Senior Nursing Officer
The senior nursing officer will be responsible for supervising the nursing team and ensure the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients at all times. She will deliver care within the boundaries of her role, focusing upon supporting patients to be healthy, disease prevention and screening activities. She will work collaboratively with the rest of the practice team to meet the needs of patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure uniformity and promptness in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients.
- As the first point of contact, receive, prioritize and direct patients appropriately.
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms.
- Direct and supervise the team of nursing officers
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors’ in suturing procedures and to set up lines for admitted patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients regularly, checking vital signs and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
· Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after us
· Prepare daily immunization report
· Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the EMR system, register and relevant forms
· Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
· Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
· Liaise with the accounts officer to generate list and rates of stock items to be procured/replenished.
· Carry out such other related duties as assigned to the nursing team
Qualifications and experience
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. (Additional qualification or any other relevant additional degree would be an advantage)
· Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
Key competencies and attributes
· Good documentation ability to prepare high quality summaries and reports
· Computer literate (previous experience in use of electronic medical record system would be an asset)
- Be able to respectfully motivate and lead a team/ work with minimal supervision
- Be able to negotiate and handle end-to-end procurement
· Diligent and hardworking
· Detail oriented and ability to multitask
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
· An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
· Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Method of Application
PLEASE INDICATE YOUR NAME AND JOB TITLE AS THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB