On 19/Jun/2019 / In NGO Jobs
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking that they have understood.
Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
Participate to the development of reforms in working strategies
Directly participating in shifts, rotations, emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Respect medical confidentiality.
- Education: Fully Licensed Medical Doctor. Medical Doctor diploma Desirable
- Experience: 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Languages: Spoken and written English and Hausa
- Competencies: people management, Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, trustworthy service
- Contract in Jahun, 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
- Worker will be requested according to project needs. Availability for 12 hour shifts, night or day is required.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter, CV and copies of qualifications with contact details to: email@example.com with Reference “Medical Doctor”.
Submit to the "MSF Admin Office in Jahun" ("Application Box" outside the front gate). (With Reference “Medical Doctor”).
No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
ATTEND AN UPCOMING INSTRUCTOR COURSE: AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION (AHA) BLS/ FIRSTAID
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!