3rd June, 2019
TO ALL MEMBERS,
A COMMUNIQUE OF THE ASSOCIATION OF RESIDENT DOCTORS (ARD), LUTH ISSUED AFTER HER EMERGENCY GENERAL MEETING ON MONDAY 3RD JUNE 2019 AT THE ARD-LOUNGE, LUTH.
The Congress of the ARD-LUTH held an Emergency General Meeting (EGM) on Monday 3rd June, 2019 at the ARD-LUTH lounge in order to appraise the level of implementation of the demands made by the Association as resolved in the May 17th EGM.
The agenda for the meeting was to provide an update on the May 17th 2019, EGM Resolutions/ Expiration of Notice for an indefinite strike action.
Following the appraisal of the level of implementation of the demands of the Association by the LUTH Management, the Congress resolved as follows:
- That commencing from 8:00am on Friday 7th June, 2019, the members of the Association (Resident Doctors and all House Officers) shall proceed on a total and indefinite strike action.
- That the members of the Association shall not resume back to work until ALL the following minimum demands are met:
- The employment of resident doctors and house officers across all units and departments of the hospital.
- The lightening up of the dark portions within the hospital environment as earlier identified and communicated to the LUTH Management by the Association
- The payment of all outstanding salaries, including arrears owed House Officers and Resident doctors.
Dr. Kayode Makinde
Dr. Jubril Kuku