Applications are invited from suitable qualified Veterinary Surgeons for admission into the Professional Postgraduate Programmes leading to the award al fellowship of the College of Veterinary Surgeons Nigeria
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Large Animal Surgery
- Small Animal Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Veterinary Diagnostic Pathology
- Veterinary Clinical Pathology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Large Animal Medicine
- Small Animal Medicine
- Avian Medicine
- Aquatic Medicine
- Zoo, Wildlile and Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Veterinary Preventive Medicine and Epidemology
- Veterinary Public Health
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka for Surgery Faculty (Small Animal Surgery & Theriogenology) Pubic Health and Preventive Medicine faculty, Pathology faculty and Medicine faculty.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for Surgery faculty, Public Health and Preventive Medicine faculty, Pathology Faculty and medicine faculty
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan for Surgery Faculty, Medicine faculty, Pathology Faculty and Pubic Heath and preventive Medicine Faculty
- NVRI Vom Study Centre for Pathology Faculty (Microbiology) Only.
Qualification for Fellowship Part I
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN).
- A minimum of three calendar years of post-DVM professional experience.
- Continuous registration with VCN over the mandatory post-DVM period.
- Curriculum vitae of candidate.
Qualification for Fellowship Part II
Applicants who are in procession of relevant MCVSN, MSc, or PhD may apply to part II of the Fellowship programme
- NYSC Certificate or evidence of exemption
- Additional academic and professional qualification in relevant area shall be an added an added advantage
- Candidates must present their transcripts of academic records adjudged suitable for admission with comparable postgraduate programmes.
- Three referees of which two must be fellows of the College.
The duration of training is five years (Fellowship I), Three years (Fellowship II) including a compulsory residency period of six months annually.
Application forms are available on payment of a non-refundable fees of N25,000 only.
All payments should be made using the Remita portal as follows:
Log in to www.remita.net, select make payment to federal government agency, then for the MDA use Veterinary council of Nigeria, for the purpose use CVSN sub account ( this is very important), the fill N25,000 as amount to be paid, then fill out your details like name, phone number, email address and proceed to make payment.
APPLICATION FORMS ARE OBTAINABLE FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- Federal and State Director of Veterinary Services
- Deans of Faultiest/Colleges of Veterinary Medicine
- College office, Plot, 434 Zambezi Crescent. Maltama, Abuja
- Veterinary council building, NVRI, Vom Plateau State
- VCN Zonal Offices (Ibadan, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Gombe, Kaduna) )
- College building ABU, Zaria
The closing date for the submission of applications is Friday 19th July, 2019. Submission should be made at the following office.
The college secretary, college of veterinary surgeons, Nigeria, veterinary council of Nigeria, (VCN) plot 434, Zambezi crescent, Maltama, Abuja.
Dr. E.O. Fadipe