The October 2019 Membership and Fellowship Examinations of the West African College of Physicians (WACP) will be held simultaneously at
- National Hospital Abuja (NHA)
- Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), Accra, Ghana and
- University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan Nigeria from
October 2nd to 8th, 2019
The primary examination will hold at the following seven (7) centers on Friday October 4th, 2019. Applicants are advised to indicate their choices of examination centers in the process of making their ONLINE registration.
- University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan
- National Orthopedic Hospital (NOH) Main Hall, Enugu
- Ahmadu Bello University Centre at Twin Lecture Theaters, ABUTH Shika, Zaria
- Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH), UGMS Examination Hall Accra, Ghana
- Connaught Teaching Hospital Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Edward Francis Small Teaching Hospital (EFSTH) Banjul, The Gambia
- A.M Dogliotti College of Medicine Auditorium, Monrovia Liberia
Primary Fellowship Examinations - Candidates applying to sit for the Primary Fellowship Examinations must:
- Be medical practitioners
- Have certificate of FULL registration with the Medical Council of the country (for Primary candidates alone)
- Have a photocopy of MBBS Certificate (primary candidates only)
- Register and pay ONLINE via www.wac-phisicians.org where; their passport photographs, degree certificates and evidence of full registration with Medical and Dental Councils of their countries will be uploaded
- Print the certification page from the website to be endorsed by their Supervising Consultants or HODs and UPLOAD the signed certification page along with other required documents.
- Carefully read and fill appropriate fields accordingly as any error may lead to the candidate's disqualification
NOTE: All documents must be converted and uploaded in PDF format
Membership Examinations - Candidates applying to sit for Membership or Examinations must:
- Register and pay ONLINE via www.wac-physicians.org where required documents are to be uploaded
- Fill the Membership and Fellowship Application Form (FORM C.) and endorse by the candidate, HOD and Fellows accordingly and upload signed Form C page along with other required documents online
- Have registered for Physician in-training immediately on passing Primary and on entering into a training programme in an accredited institution
- Have passed the Primary exams or Exempted from Primary exams and subsequently satisfactorily completed residency training in an ACCREDITED INSTITUTION as PRESCRIBED by the CANDIDATE’S FACULTY
- Upload relevant Update and Revision course certificates.
- Hard copy of completed Log Book and two (2) Autopsy cases for Lab Medicine candidates must be sent to the College Secretariat by a reliable courier service.
- Upload evidence of training since passing Primary Examinations via Copy of the Certificate of training (FORM C)
NOTE: All documents must be converted and uploaded in PDF format.
Candidates must not upload their Log Book or Autopsy Cases for Lab Medicine. These hard copies should be sent to the college.
Fellowship Examinations Candidates applying for Fellowship Exams must:
- Register and pay ONLINE via www.wac-physicians.org where required documents are to be uploaded in PDF
- Fill Form C and upload
- Have passed the Membership Examination of WACP
- Have satisfactorily completed the appropriate years of training in an accredited institution and Upload Evidence of training since passing Membership Examinations via Copy of the Certificate of training (Form C)
- Save hard copies of candidate's case book, dissertation, and approved in proposal differently on a RE-WRITEABLE and send through a reliable courier service to the College secretariat before the closing date Send a mandatory E-Copy (MsWord) of the Dissertation stating name and faculty to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload evidence of attendance of Methodology Course as well as evidence of Fellowship/subspecialty registration (N146,300) during the online process
- Provide a Certificate of evidence of attendance of College Fellowship /Sub-Specialty Revision course
All Fellowship candidates should upload:
- Evidence of payment of Membership Fees N102,600.00 (College Online Payment).
- Evidence of payment of Annual dues for Members N30,400.00 or $80 (College GTB Account number 0000528491)
- Primary Examination fee $325 or N123,500.00
- Membership fee $425 or N161,500.00
- Fellowship fee $625 or N237,500.00
- Sub-specialty fee $825 or N313,500.00
Additional practical examination fee of N32,300 is payable by Membership and Fellowship candidates in Laboratory Medicine and Membership candidates in Community Health. THIS IS PAYABLE VIA THE ONLINE REGISTRATION ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION FORM OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION STANDS DISQUALIFIED. Assessor's fee for Fellowship candidates' Case Book/Dissertation fee is N47,500 and must be paid online.
Candidates should collect their corrected dissertations or casebooks and examiner's comments immediately after the examination at College temporary secretariat.
MODE OF PAYMENT
All Examinations Fees are Payable Electronically
EVIDENCE OF PAYMENT
Candidates applying for primary, membership and fellowship examinations should log on to www.wac-physicians.org and follow the step by step procedure for online registration which could be printed as evidence of payment. BANK DRAFTS AND TELLER ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE FOR EXAMINATION APPLICATION.
APPLICANTS NOT RESIDING IN NIGERIA:
Ghana: Should pay (in the name of West African College of Physicians) into GCB Bank (Korle-Bu Branch) Account- No. 1131130009095. The PAY-IN-SLIP should be submitted to the College Office for a UNIQUE PAYMENT CODE which will be needed to complete the ONLINE REGISTRATION.
Other Countries: Should start application process online and pay in USD.
- Attendance of Mandatory Course in Medical Ethics and Revision/Update courses of the College are prerequisites for sitting Membership to Examinations. Anticipated attendance/submission of certificates are not accepted. Candidates for the Membership or Fellowship Examinations will be expected to submit a scanned copy of their completed Log books. The original should be brought to the examination hall.
- Submitting altered, falsified or incomplete documents to the West African College of Physicians may be a sufficient cause for the College to apply and punitive sanctions per the decision of the court of examiners. WACP will report findings of irregular behavior to the Medical & Dental Council of the Country where the candidate practices, to other Postgraduate Medical College in the West African Region and to any other organization or individual who, in the judgement of WACP, has a legitimate interest in such and information.
- Code of conduct including dress code for the candidates shall be strictly enforced.
- The College has zero-tolerance policy to examination malpractices.
- Change of Examination Centre after submission of application form shall no longer be entertained.
- College however, reserves the right to change your Exam Centre (Ibadan/Abuja/Accra) for the Membership/Fellowship examination dependent on logistics.
- Cases of request for change of faculty after submission of application form shall NOT BE ENTERTAINED
- Physically challenged applicants are advised to apply to the Secretary General stating their willingness to sit the examination to be considered along with the uploaded application form.
- Deferment of examination after application is not acceptable.
- Candidates in the THIRD Trimester of pregnancy OR in the Early Postnatal Period are encouraged not to apply.
- No refund wil be entertained for NON-ATTENDANCE at examination.
NOTE: For membership examinations in all faculties of the West African College of Physicians, only candidates who have performed satisfactorily in the theory papers would be allowed to proceed with the rest of the examinations.
The closing date for the submission of completed application forms is Friday JUNE 28th, 2019. Candidates for the Fellowship Examination must have submitted their dissertation and approved proposal or case book by the closing date. Lateness in submission will not be entertained.
PENALTY FOR THE LATE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS ONLY IS N76,000.00 for one week and N152,000.00 THEREAFTER for the second week.
NB: Applicants stands disqualified once He/She does not meet the requirements of the college after vetting of application forms.
All applications and payments must be online.
Dr. Albert Akpalu, FWACP (Int. Med)
Secretary General, WACP