Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Full-Time 2years Higher National Diploma Programme of Lagos State Polytechnic for the 2019/2020 Academic Session. The Polytechnic offers the following programmes at the Higher National Diploma Levels:
SCHOOLS AND PROGRAMMES
a. Agricultural Extension and Management
b. Animal Production Technology
c. Crop Production Technology
d. Fisheries Technology
2. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION & LIBERAL STUDIES
a. Mass Communication with Options in (i). Broadcast (ii). Print
3. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
a. Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology with options in
(i) Farm Power and Machinery Engineering
(ii) Soil and Water Engineering
(iii) Post-Harvest Engineering
b. Chemical Engineering Technology
c. Civil Engineering Technology
d. Computer Engineering Technology
e. Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology with options in
(i) Electronics &Telecommunications
(ii) Electrical Power & Machines
f. Mechanical Engineering Technology with options in
(i) Manufacturing (ii) Power and Plant (ii)Automotive
4. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
a. Architectural Technology
b. Art and Industrial Design with options in
i. Graphics Painting
c. Building Technology
d. Estate Management and Valuation
e. Quantity Surveying
f. Urban and Regional Planning
5. SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS STUDIES
b. Banking and Finance
c. Business Administration and Management
f. Office Technology and Management
6. SCHOOLOF PURE &APPLIED SCIENCES
§ Biological Sciences with options in:
a. Environmental Biology
• Chemical Sciences with options in:
• Physical Science with options in:
a. Physics with Electronics
7. SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY
a. Computer Science Technology
b. Food Technology c. Hospitality Management Technology
c. Hospitality Management Technology
The general entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes are as follows:
1. Candidates are required to satisfy SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB entry requirements for the corresponding National Diploma
programme. Please note that all Management Courses, Computer Science, Science Laboratory Technology(SLT) requires one sitting.
2. Candidates are required to have completed a relevant National Diploma Programme not below LOWER CREDIT classification.
3. Candidates are required to have at least one year post- ND industrial work experience.
4. All candidates are expected to consult the Institution's prospectus on the portal or in hard copy to ascertain their qualification for courses for which they are applying.
C. IMPORTANT NOTICE
1. Candidates are advised to ensure that they personally and not by proxy fill in correct information. The Polytechnic would not be liable for any erroneous information contained in the completed form.
2. Each applicant is advised to provide correct and functional e-mail address and telephone number(s) when completing the application form.
3. For details on entry requirements peculiar to each of the programmes above, visit the LASPOTECH website www.mylaspotech.edu.ng
4. Applicants should check the Polytechnic portal for details on Computer Based Test (CBT)/Screening Exercise.
PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS
Applicants are expected to:
i. Log on to LASPOTECH's website at http://www.mylaspotech.edu.ng
ii. Click on the '2019/2020 Admission Applications" link on the Navigatorplane.
iii. Select the programme i.e. “ Full-Time HND".
iv. Click to continue
v. Fill the profile form and choose a suitable username as your username and password of your choice (your password should contain alphabet, numbers and/or symbols) not less than 7 in characters, supply a valid and working email address and GSM number;
vi. Then, Click on "Continue"
vii. Login with your username and password,
viii. Click on "Pay"(you will make use of a Web enabled ATM card, Master or Verve card for your payment).
ix. Candidates are expected to make payment of the sum of Ten Thousand Naira (N 10,000.00) only exclusive of Bank Charges
x. Complete your application as appropriate
xi. Fill the application form provided. Ensure that you provide accurate data at all times. In addition to your personal information, you will be required to provide your WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB result as well as previous educational history.
xii. Candidates are expected to scan and upload their O'level and National Diploma results.
xiii. Ensure you print out your Application form and receipt of payment and keep them safely.
xiv. You will be required to upload a colour passport photograph of NOT MORE THAN 20kb in size
xv. Print your completed application form after submission. You will be required to present this at a later date, so keep it safely.
xvi. Click “Submit"
4. Successful candidates must adhere strictly to the registration procedure as highlighted on the Polytechnic website.
5. The Institution is non-residential. Students will therefore be required to make their own arrangements for accommodation and transportation.
6. For further information, contact: 0808175975161, 08022961762, 0809569214, 08150999945 or 07014623549 Follow us on Twister: @Reallaspotech FB:facebook.com/mylaspotech
Date of Closure:
Sales and Submission of Application form closes by Friday, July 26th, 2019.
Shakirudeen Adetona Bello
Registrar/Secretary to Academic Board.