Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant positions in the Superintendent, Inspector and Assistant Cadres, of the Nigeria Customs Service.
CUSTOMS ASSISTANT (SUPPORT STAFF) CONSOL-03, 04
Applicants must possess First School Leaving Certificate, Junior Secondary School Certificate, Senior Secondary School Certificate, or Its equivalent and appropriate Trade Test certificates.
- Medical Laboratory Assistants
- Health Assistants
- Junior Community Health Assistants
In addition, candidates must: -
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence
- Be computer literate
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable.
- Applicant for inspector and Customs Assistant Cadres must be between 18 – 25 years of age.
- Those applying for Superintendent Cadre must not be above 30 years of age.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applications are to be made online. Suitably qualified candidates should log-on to the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Portal, http/www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng to fill application forms, free of charge. Applicants should click on 'Vacancies' on the Home Page, complete the appropriate Application Form and submit online. Candidates submitting hard copies of application forms at any Customs Headquarters, Abuja or any other Customs Formation will not be considered. Only applications in respect of the advertised positions will be considered. Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a Reference number which must be quoted on all future correspondence. Deadline for submission of application is Monday 6th May, 2019. Only-short listed Candidates will be invited for next phase of the recruitment exercise.
NOTE: Candidates will be assessed and recruited (if successful) strictly based on Certificate(s) presented during this process. And no case of upgrading will be entertained before or after the recruitment.