Deloitte Nigeria - As part of the mandate received from The Global Fund (TGF) - a partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics, The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) seeks to recruit suitable, qualified and experienced public health professionals for The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) which was established by the Government of Nigeria to coordinate tuberculosis and leprosy control efforts in Nigeria.
Therefore, on behalf of the NTBLCP (National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme), Deloitte is searching for suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Tuberculosis (TB) Technical Advisor (International Scope)
Reference Number: GFA002
- To provide technical assistance to the National Coordinator of NTBLCP and the PMU team leader on current and international best practices in Tuberculosis control.
Roles and Responsibilities
Technical Assistance of the National TB program and GF PMU:
- Provide technical assistance to the National Coordinator and the PMU team lead on TB global best practices
- Review national strategies and the program implementation plan of the PMU for adequacy to respond to the current national TB priorities and disease epidemiology
- Design and implement an internal performance review of the national program and the GF grant activities on a regular basis to inform strategy shifts and design changes.
- Work to support the technical capacity of the State Ministry of Health’s TB control officers
- Support the national program in developing its country priorities for the next funding cycle
- Ensure effective execution of technical support activities and facilitate donor reporting
- Participates in joint TB/HIV and TB specific supportive supervision visits including technical working group meetings
Training and Capacity Building:
- Conduct technical capacity assessments including training needs assessments of the Core National program technical staff and the PMU technical staff
- Develop a capacity building plan based on the findings of the training needs assessments
- In conjunction with the Global Fund country team, design and conduct capacity building sessions to address technical capacity gaps
- Bring knowledge to the national TB program and implementation strategies to improve performance (based on experiences in other countries, community level best practices, etc.).
- Assist in the development and co-facilitate technical TB trainings
- Provides support and mentorship to the PMU, Zonal and State level TB officers for program implementation
Policies and procedures/ Compliance:
- Contribute to the review/update and development of guidelines and tools, including SOPs for National, State and LGA TB control
- Liaise with international and national technical partners and working groups to ensure a coordinated national response is achieved across all TB related programs
- Maintain a direct and regular communication with the Global Fund Country Team and TB Advisors to ensure the GF grant is responsive to their recommendations for program improvement.
Experience and Qualifications
- MBBS with a Masters’ degree in Public Health or Social Sciences.
- Any relevant qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in public health and health systems programs with emphasis on TB program implementation of which 7 years must be with a donor funded project and 5 years while managing a team of professional staff
- Knowledge of the national TB program and implementation strategies
- Knowledge of Public health issues in Nigeria
- Project Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, etc. and Microsoft Projects.
- Excellent understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional level English language skills
- Strong Leadership, Inter-personal and Negotiation skills
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online