@NursingNow Releases Goals for Groups in 2019
Since our foundation a year ago. Nursing Now has grown to have over 110 groups in more thon 60 countries across the world. Together we are building a movement which is empowering nurses and midwives worldwide!
In the coming year, we're challenging regional, national and local Nursing Now Groups to be active in the following areas
1 Advocate and build support for the global aims of the Nursing Now campaign (see below) with politicians, the health system, the nursing and midwifery professions, partners and the public. We have on Advocacy Toolkit on our web site to support this activity
2 Engage with the development of the State of the Worlds Nursing and ensure there is good data for evidence and recommendations for change.
3 Celebrate Nurses' Day 2019 and use the opportunity to make nurses visible, joining in with Nurses Listen, and the ICN campaign Health for All
4. Support the development of young nurses in their area, identifying employers and encouraging them to act
5 Start to develop ways to make 2020 a year of celebration and change for nurses with activities, events and advocacy in your area
Globally, the Campaign wants measurable advancement for nurses and midwives in these four areas:
• Services - with growth in nurse-led clinics, particularly for NCDs, more support for nurse leadership in primary and community care, nurses having a greater role in prevention, promotion and health literacy: more community-based midwifery, child and adolescent services; more specialist nurses inside and outside hospitals
• Leadership - with more nurses in leadership positions where they can influence policy (not just in token jobs) and more developmental support available to nurses throughout their careers
• Legislation, regulation, education and policy - improvements in enabling legislation, regulation and education and in local and national policies which support the development of nurses and nurse-led services
• increased investment - increases in numbers of nurses and midwives in education and employment and better pay and working conditions.
If you have any questions or need support from the global team, please contact our Global Stakeholder Coordinator, Yvonne Mwiza email@example.com
Keep in touch with Nursing Now
NEW YEAR PROMO: Invitation To A 3 Day Nursing Clinical Skills Practice Workshop (3 CEU, Suturing, BLS, ACLS, Advaned ECG, Airway Mgt)
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!