Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Consultant - Coordinate a Household Health Expenditure Survey - Abia, Ebonyi,Osun
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year project awarded on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners' capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities.
In Nigeria, HP+ is working with the Federal Ministry of Health and the State Ministries of Health of Abia, Ebonyi and Osun states to conduct a Household Health Expenditure Survey (HHES) for the above-mentioned states. The survey will provide estimates of household expenditures on health (types of goods and services; providers; household income level) that will be critical to inform policy decisions to improve access to quality health services, particularly to support evidence-based heath financing and social protection reforms being undertaken by the states.
The objectives of the Household Health Expenditure Study are to:
- To determine the incidence and nature of expenditure on health incurred by households with a view to estimating the amounts of "out of pocket" (OOP) payments for health.
- To determine the amount households are willing to pay for health insurance premiums.
The following are supporting objectives:
- To understand the patterns of healthcare utilization of households in the three focus states.
- To determine the incidence of catastrophic health spending amongst households.
- To determine the knowledge and attitude of households towards health insurance.
- Estimate the Willingness to Pay for health insurance across different socioeconomic groups.
- To achieve the study objectives outlined above, Palladium, through the HP+ Project, is seeking a Survey Manager to support the implementation and management of the HHES.
- The successful candidate will be engaged to complete the components of the HHES as described above and will work collaboratively with HP+, the Federal Ministry of Health and the State Ministries of Health involved in the study to achieve the study objectives
Qualifications Required and Experience:
- A minimum of a Master's degree in Public Health, Statistics or other related discipline from a recognized institution
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies and research techniques
- Over 5 years' experience in conducting and/or managing field implementation of household surveys across multiple states in Nigeria
- Experience in conducting surveys using Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) methods
- Demonstratable understanding of Nigeria's health financing environment and reforms
- Experience and proficiency in using statistical techniques and software such as Stata, SPSS etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, team working and communication skills
- Strong report-writing skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.