Deloitte Nigeria - As part of the mandate received from The Global Fund (TGF) - a partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics, The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) seeks to recruit suitable, qualified and experienced public health professionals for The National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) which was established by the Government of Nigeria to coordinate tuberculosis and leprosy control efforts in Nigeria.
Therefore, on behalf of the NTBLCP (National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme), Deloitte is searching for suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: C4D/Polio State Supervisor (VCM Coordinator)
Reference Number: DUN041
Location: Kano, Nigeria
The role reports to: The C4D/Polio Specialist
Contract duration: 4 Months
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a VCM Coordinator (State Supervisor) for the UNICEF C4D/Polio Programme in Kano State.
- The VCM Coordinator will be the most senior staff based in all the high-risk state capitals (where we have VCM Networks fully functioning) as the project leads and will be responsible for providing the required support to Zonal and Country office teams.
- Ensure monthly work plan for the state and communication plans to be carried out by the VCMNet
- Conduct a bottleneck analysis to identify key and underlying issues related to financial and administrative management of VCM Network in the state
- Based on the analysis, develop a plan of action and timelines
- Work with Data unit to complete VCM profiling exercise and verification on ground
- Ensure timely submission of complete and accurate VCM Network payment lists to field office within given deadlines in every month
- Keep the EoC and other government counterparts abreast regarding program vision and development on integration
- Oversee regular monthly updating of a database of all VCMs and VWS at state level
- Provide weekly report of VCM management issues and challenges and highlight areas where Zonal or NCO support is required
- Provide management support oversight to ensure timely submission of all data reports and feedback
- Conduct review with VWS and provide feedback
- Follow up with monthly VWS work plans, implementation and feedback
- Organise VCM conventions and motivational ceremonies
- Ensure quality check while recruiting new VCMs
- Represent C4D/Polio at EoC
- Ensure timely and documented distribution of job aids, data tools and keep inventory for records
- Review the VCM network on quarterly basis and clearly state operational challenges
- Work with field office and country office finance persons to streamline VCM payments
- Advanced University Degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, health Economics, Health Education) with emphasis on community organization, participatory approaches and research.
- Fluency in English with excellent report-writing skills. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
- Minimum eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of community-based programs, including several years working with community structures.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organization, monitoring and evaluation with experience in developing strategy and formulation of key messages.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring strong partnerships and community engagement.
- Demonstrated experience and high acceptability in working with government, UNICEF or other UN organization, INGOs, and donors, working with Polio, immunization or public health provision is an asset.
- Current knowledge of health, immunization interventions and strategies as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Communication skills, to work closely with variety of partners, stakeholders and communities at large
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 21st January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online