On 03/Dec/2018 / In Articles
On Friday the 30th of November 2018,the Bayelsa State Nursing and Midwifery Committe in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, honored some of its past leaders who had contributed immensely to the rapid transformation of Nursing in Nigeria. The recognition/award and send forth event which was hosted by the current Director of Nursing Services, Nurse Ms. Dumatein Stephanie Ekinabhari, was attended by special dignitaries including amongst others:
– Hon. Nurse Ebiuwou Koku Obiyai, Chairman House Committee on Health, Bayelsa State of Assembly (Special Guest of Honor)
– Prof. Ebitimitula N. Etebu, Hon. Commissioner for Health (Special Guest of Honor)
– Dr Inodu Nathaniel Apoku (KSC), Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health (Chairman of the Occasion)
– Nurse Ernest E. Akuna, Zonal Officer, NMCN, South South Zone, Port Harcourt, Rivers (Special Guest)
Nursing icons who laid the foundation for the current wave of transformation sweeping through the Nursing profession in the State and present up recognition for the event were :
- Late Ms. Helen Temeria, who happened to be the first Director of Nursing Sevices in Bayelsa State.
Also given recognition and award were the past DNS and Permanent Secretaries of Bayelsa State Ministry of Health, who all incidentally happened to be professional Nurses:
– Late Nurse Ms. Helen Temeria (1st Director of Nursing Services, MOH, Bayelsa)
– Nurse Mrs. Ebikoboere Sampou, (Permanent Secretary Retired)
– Nurse Mrs. Philomena Aladei (Permanent Secretary Retired)
– Nurse Mrs Kenisuomein Walson (Permanent Secretary Retired)
According to the youthful, dynamic and transformational leader, Nurse Ms. Dumatein Stephanie Ekinabhari, who doubles as the Director Nursing Services, Ministry of Health and Chairman, Nursing and Midwifery Committee, Bayelsa State, the giant strides recorded in the young state between 2016 and 2018, would not have been possible without the foundation laid by her predecessors.
Source:Nurses on Air
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!