Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS,TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
Position: Technical Officer-PCR Lab
- Location: Abuja
Technical Officer-PCR Lab, will be involved in the development of laboratory specific SOPs, PCR personnel capacity building and mentorship, mentoting of health personnel on Early Infant Diagnosis and DBS collection techniques as well as documentation, mentoring of health personnel on Viral Load sample collection, processing, documentation and shipment, Involve in monitoring and mentoring health personnel at GlobalFund supported facilities, Involved in documentation and storage of DBS samples and Viral Load specimen management, Responsible forcollating PCRdata reports, Involved in putting together monthly supply requisitions for GF supported PCR laboratories, Participates in Quality Assurance areas and is part of the accreditation team, Supports the running of DNA PCR assays for National EID and Viral Load program at the GlobalFund supported PCR laboratories.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Minimum of BMLS in Medical Laboratory Science with at least 4 years of working experience in a PCR laboratory
- Or Minimum of MSc in the applied biosciences with 5-7 years of working experience in a PCRlaboratory
- Experience and knowledge of accreditation/QMS will be an added advantage
16 November, 2018
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Technical Officer-PCR Lab - AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
Applicants should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume/CV as a single MS Word Document
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.