Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS,TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
Position: Technical Officer - Lab. (QA/QC)
- Location: Abuja
- Technical Officer-Lab. (QA/QC) under the supervision of Senior Technical Officer Laboratory Services, will provide technical support in implementing high quality laboratory services, including QMS implementation towards ISO 15189 accreditation and capacity building of health facility (laboratory) staff on quality assurance/quality control issues.
- He/She will also coordinate with his/her counterparts within SACA, SASCP and SR5, to ensure sustainable transfer of knowiedge and skills towards laboratory quality standardization and accreditation.
Minimum Recru itinent Standards
- Minimum of BMLS in Medical Laboratory Sciences with at least 4-5 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIVIAIDS.
- Or Masters degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences with at least 3 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in provision of laboratorysupport for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public-sector health system and NGOsand CBOs highly desirable.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Technical Officer - Lab. (QA/QC) - AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
Applicants should forward their Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume/CV as a single MS Word Document
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the email will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.