Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
Position: Rig Doctor
- Location: Lagos
- Responsible for attending to medical accidents and caring for sick personnel and crews on the Rigs and Work-Over-Units.
- Acts as the HSE Mangers adviser on all matters related to hospital services, staff health, health reporting and the hygienic conditions at all clinics and sick bay facilities.
- Check and secure that each crew has passed their medical examination before taking aboard.
- Respond to accidents and or ill crew member.
- Responsible for supervising all company Occupational Health Nurses (OHN) and ensuring that company clinics and operated in accordance with best practice.
- Assuring enough supply of medicines and other medical equipment on rig and all other operated clinics.
- Keeping medical records of each crew.
- Periodic review of MO policy and advising management on all medically related issues.
- Plan and execute in-house training and development projects relating to health, medical awareness sessions, sanitation and first aid.
- Providing input on Site Specific Emergency Response Planning.
- Assist HSE Manager or Safety Officer in their duties as required.
- Other tasks as required by HSE or Management.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of a medical school and must hold a license to practice as a medical doctor.
- Must have first-aid or emergency response training (EMT, AHLS, ACLS, First Responder, etc.)
- Must have at least 5 years experience working as a medical staff
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must have basic knowledge of rig operations and typical exposure of staff to rig related medical stresses, illnesses and accidents.
- Must have basic knowledge of treatment of accidents and trauma cases/emergency Injuries.
- Must have knowledge of fit-to-work administration.
- Must be familiar with Emergency Rescue and Evacuations.
- Must have knowledge and skills in dealing with accidents and minor and major illnesses.
- Must have knowledge in basic pharmacy; can prescribe effective medications.
- Basic knowledge in record keeping.
HSE, BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Rig Doctor - firstname.lastname@example.org