PurpleSource Healthcare is a Healthcare Management and Investment company transforming the private Healthcare space in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Pharmacy Technician
* Supports pharmacological services by stocking, assembling, and distributing medications. To process prescriptions and also get the pharmacy ready for business on a daily basis.
* Maintaining pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
* Maintaining a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Organizing medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
* Maintaining records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
* Generating revenues by calculating and recording correctly all charges to be issued.
* Ensuring medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
* Preparing reports by collecting and summarizing information.
* Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Receiving and verifying prescriptions for validity.
* Sterilizing the counter tops, scales, pill counting trays, and other medication measuring devices.
* Turning on equipment such as computers, scales, printers and fax machines.
* Greeting the patient and accepting their prescription.
* Dispensing prescribed medications.
* Verifying medications for expiry dates and keeping inventory records of this.
* Careful storage and disposal of patient information
* Proper packaging and trashing of expired drugs.
* Inputting the prescription date into the computer or into provided record keeping documents and processing the patient‘s insurance.
* Administrative and bookkeeping tasks, inventory control, stocking shelves, and data entry.
* Pharmacy Technician certificate from recognized schools of health technologies.
* A minimum of OND/HND in Social or Medical Science related disciplines.
* A minimum of 2 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician
* Detail oriented
* Listening skills
* Ability to compute accurately
* Organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the role as subject of mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
NEW YEAR PROMO: Invitation To A 3 Day Nursing Clinical Skills Practice Workshop (3 CEU, Suturing, BLS, ACLS, Advaned ECG, Airway Mgt)
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!