* The Pharmacist will assist with the dispensing of medications, check prescriptions, and provide advice to patients on the medicines that have been prescribed for the patients.
* S/he will ensure adequate supply of pharmacies through smart inventory management, review of actual usage, and review of re-order levels. The Pharmacist will develop and implement strategic initiatives and services in the pharmacy sector.
What You’ll do
The Pharmacist will work in the EHA clinic predominantly as stated below:
* As a pharmacist you will be responsible for preparing and dispensing medications to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs.
* The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge.
* A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions.
* The pharmacist must be fully qualified to interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or to be referred to the suitable doctor. Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals.
* The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
* Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
* Organizing the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
* Maintaining full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products
* Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times;
* Manage clinical risk.
* Other duties as assigned from time to time
Who You are
* A minimum of three years progressive experience in Pharmacy within the private and public sector. Experience working with public health and health systems is an advantage.
* Candidates should have B.Sc Pharm and must be a registered member of Pharmacists council of Nigeria (PCN) with at least 3 years post NYSC experience.
* Candidates should have experience in managing hospital pharmacy.
* Encouraging to medical team and patients; able to mentor and lead.
* Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
* Strong computer skills, including Google Office Suite and other medical softwares.
* Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns image