Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Position: Peri-Operative Nurse
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
* Prepare patients prior to surgery and alleviating their concerns
* provide patient care during the pre-, intra- and postoperative stages.
* Ensure clean and aseptic/sterilized operating room with other team members.
* Preparation of instruments, trolleys and sterile supplies requested for surgery.
* Gathering and sorting all supplies needed for the operationï¼šinclusive of performing swab, needle and instrument counts in line with standard operating procedures and policies.
* Position and prepare patient on operating table
* Provide needed nursing care working with the Anaesthetist and Surgeon when required during operations.
* Labeling and dispatch of laboratory specimens after each procedures.
* Managing and compiling procedure manuals, theatre registers and clients records.
* Communicating departmental policies, policy changes and/ or new procedures to relevant staff
* Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
* Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
* Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
* Adhere to safety standards and precautions
* Ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained in the operating/surgical unit.
* Reporting to senior officer/line manager, incidents of accidents, complaints, defects in drugs, supplies or equipment.
* Participating in trials of new equipment and supplies and evaluation and serviceability of existing equipment.
* Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned within the team.
* Applicant must be a certified operating room nurse (CNORs) with at least 3 years experience in Peri-operative nursing care.
* A diploma in critical care is an added advantage.
* Qualified candidate must possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety.
* Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the position.
22nd October, 2018
Method of Application
And also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
* Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
* Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
* Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
NEW YEAR PROMO: Invitation To A 3 Day Nursing Clinical Skills Practice Workshop (3 CEU, Suturing, BLS, ACLS, Advaned ECG, Airway Mgt)
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!