On 11/Oct/2018 / In NGO Jobs
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Position: Medical Records Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
* Creates new medical records and retrieves existing medical records by gathering appropriate record folders and contents; assigning and recording new record numbers; verifying existing record numbers; inputting and recording locations to computer; delivering records.
* Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians’ offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
* Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
* Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder. Manually & Electronically
* Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
* Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
* Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
* Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
* Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
* Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
* Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
* Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Minimum of National Diploma in Heath Information or Computer Science with at least 2 years of working experience. The applicant must also possess the following skills:
* Computer literacy, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Thoroughness, Coordination, Deadline-Oriented, Internal Communications, Reporting Skills.
22nd October, 2018
Method of Application
And also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other credentials with a Cover Letter (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
* Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
* Applicants are advised to provide functional e-mail/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
* Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
NEW YEAR PROMO: Invitation To A 3 Day Nursing Clinical Skills Practice Workshop (3 CEU, Suturing, BLS, ACLS, Advaned ECG, Airway Mgt)
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!