Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the below position under the USAID (ARFH LOPIN-Region 1) OVC Project:
Position: Assistant Program Officer
Location: Lagos, Rivers & Akwa Ibom States.
Reports to: State Program Advisor/Coordinator
* Successful candidate will provide support to the ARFH-LOPIN 1 State Program Advisor/Coordinator in the State Offices in the provision of quality services to Caregivers and Vulnerable Children.
* Assist in direct management and coordination of all project activities in the state, in line with the project implementation plan.
* Assist in ensuring that all project activities in project states meet effective programming standards and best practices established by ARFH, USAID PEPFAR and the Nigerian Government especially the Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
* Assist in strengthening technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and SMWASD in OVC programming, service provision and governance.
* Assist the State Program Advisor/Coordinatoron project activities to ensure successful implementation of family centered and community based approach
* Assist in providing supportive supervision, mentoring and coaching for CBO program officers and M & E officers.
* Represent the organization at meetings with government agencies, other implementing partners, service providers, LGA OVC Technical Working group and State * OVC Steering Committee meetings etc. as may be directed by the State Program Advisor/Coordinator
* Work to Support community level child protection activities.
* Ensure adherence to all donor requirements in program, activities and reports
* Participate in the preparation of CBOs for Site Improvement Monitoring Systems (SIMS) exercise.
* Provide guidance on referrals for the uptake of services and participate actively in referral coordination meetings
* Facilitate the tracking and achievement of OVC Indicators
* Track Care Plan Achievement within the context of Graduation Benchmarks
* Provide oversights on HES, VSLA, CCT, CBHIS and Communal Business activities.
* Participate in the drafting and implementation of approved workplans
* Assist in providing timely update on grant work plan progress.
* Assist in project monitoring, reporting and documentation
* Any other duties that may be assigned by the line Manager/Management
* A Degree in Medical Field, Social Sciences with at least 3years cognate experience, in programming for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their Households in Nigeria.
* Applicants are required to be familiar with strategies for the strengthening of community structures and systems at LGA and State levels.
* Essential requirement is good understanding of Case Management Plans, Child Safeguarding Practices and Service delivery standards.
We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Candidates should also send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and other Credentials with a Cover Letter (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
* Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
* Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Please provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
* Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!
Medicalworld Nigeria Recruiting Medical Professionals for an Oil and Gas Contracting Firm ITT. Click HERE to Apply!!