* This job involves the use of x-ray and ultrasound machines, as well as other forms of imaging technology, to examine and carry out diagnosis.
* Candidate will be expected to acquire images to help with the diagnosis of illnesses and injuries.
* Candidate may also be expected to contribute towards interpreting images, establishing treatment plans and helping with intervention procedures,
* Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis
* Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure
* Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver accurate amount of radiation to patients
* Operate complex medical instruments such as MRIs, CT scanners, X-ray, ultrasound, and several other imaging devices
* Liaise with oncologists and physicians to plan treatment for cancer patients
* Direct and supervise the activities of radiography assistants and trainee radiographers
* Maintain proper records of patient details ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
* Follow up on patients after treatment to track the progress of recovery and ensure patients show no signs of radiation side effect
* Explain to patients and their family the details of a procedure and ways to manage possible side effects
* Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently
* Assist oncologists and physicians during complex radiological examinations
* Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines to minimize risk of exposure to ionizing radiation
* Correctly position patients prior to X-ray imaging in order to obtain high quality films
* Use portable devices to conduct diagnostic scans on patients who can’t move to the radiology unit.
Qualifications and Skills
* B.Sc (Radiography and/or Sonography)
* NYSC certificate
* At least 2 years experience in Ultrasound scanning after training.
* At least 2 years experience in CT scanning on a machine 64 slice and above
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* A supportive and caring disposition;
* Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure;
* Organisational and decision-making skills;
* The ability to work as part of a team;
* Attention to detail;
* Confidence in using leading-edge technologies.