The Basic Suture Skills Course introduces students with limited experience and skills to the basics of wound management and allows them to practice simple suturing on a prosthetic model.
Basic suturing is an essential psychomotor skill in the everyday practice. Although suturing technique is important, the student must also have a thorough understanding of wound management in general to effectively care for a patient with a laceration.
The Basic Suture course covers instrument basics such as:
- Suture types and selection
- Proper loading of the needle
- Wound assessment and management
- Local anaesthesia
- Aftercare and documentation.
COURSE DURATION: 8 Hours
Educational Objectives: On completion of this module, students will
- Understand the principles of wound management as they apply to a laceration.
- Be able to demonstrate the preparation of a laceration for closure.
- Be able to demonstrate sterile technique while preparing and suturing a laceration on a training model.
- Be able to demonstrate and practice these suturing techniques on a training model:
- Instrument Tie
- Simple Interrupted Suture
- Simple/Half Buried Suture
- Vertical/Horizontal Mattress Suture
- Figure Of 8 Suture
- Simple Running Suture
- Subcuticular Running Suture
Participants will have the opportunity to demonstrate and practise suturing techniques. All supplies will be provided for the workshop. Enrollment is limited in order to optimize the learning experience.
Over the course of 8 hours (8:30 am - 4:30 pm) a maximum group of up to 12 people will participate and practice in small group scenarios. There would be multiple practice sessions with pre and post test evaluations
Scheduled Course Dates:
- Friday 21st July 2017
- Friday 8th September 2017
- Friday 10th November 2017
Course Venue: Sasun Hotel, Transamadi Port Harcourt Rivers State
Course Fee: N35, 000
(Limited slots available as we would be working in small groups for practice sessions)
PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION:
PAY ONLINE WITH ATM
1. Enter your Full name, Teller number, GSM number, State where you would be attending the class, Email Address and click confirm
2. Enter your Card details and click 'PAY'
PAY AT THE BANK
1. Make payments using these details: Medical World Nigeria, 1019741168, United Bank for Africa (UBA)
2. Return to this page after making payment and click 'PAY AT THE BANK' to complete course registration
3. Enter your Full name, Teller number, GSM number, State where you would be attending the class, Email Address and click SUBMIT
ENQUIRIES: 08105233399, 08035091993 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org