The Acting Registrar/CEO of MLSCN invites all stake holders to the first MLS Education Summit with the Theme 'SCALING UP MLS EDUCATION FOR IMPROVED HEALTHCARE SERVICE DELIVERY'
The Summit will afford the stake holders in Medical Laboratory Science Education the opportunity to brainstorm on issues concerning the MLS Education, challenges and prospects as well as form the bases for proposed review of BMLS curriculum and related matters aimed to meet international standards and best practices in the profession.
The Summit will be chaired by the Honourable Minister of State for Health, Dr. Ehanire Osagie.
The Special Guests of Honours are the Honourable Minister of Health Prof Isaac Adewole and the Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu. The Executive Secretary of NUC Prof Adamu Abdulrasheed is a Special Guest while the Chief Host is the Acting Registrar/CEO, Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria Mr Tosan Erhabor
Date: 7th March, 2017.
Venue: International Conference Centre Abuja.
Time; 9.00 am medicalworldnigeria.com
COUNCIL'S INTENTIONS FOR THE SUMMIT.
1. Council intends to stop current specialization at first degree and commence the production of Scientists who shall be generalist on graduation and then specialize at Postgraduate and Fellowship levels.
2. Council will also press for NUC's approval for MLS.D as First degree in MLS Education and advocate for commencement of Faculty structure for MLS programme especially in Universities whose Senate have already given approval.
3. The Resolutions in the Summit will form the bases for the BMLS Curriculum Review that will follow immediately after the Summit.
1. Deans/HODs/ of MLS Programmes in Universities
2. HODs/ Coordinators of MLS Programmes in Schools and Colleges.
3. Professors and Asso. Professors in MLS degree programmes
4. National Universities Commission
5. Federal and State Ministries of Education
6. Federal and State Ministries of Health
7 Committee of Vice Chancellors
8. House/ Senate committees on Education and health
9. Association of Med Lab Scientists of Nigeria
10. NGOs and Implementing partners with bias in MLS Education
11. All Scientists in academia
12 Other stake holders and general public
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!