National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria announces a 3 day workshop in Advanced Research Methodology
Aim and Objectives
The Workshop aims to empower consultants, lecturers, senior registrars and other specialists/teachers who are desirous of fully establishing themselves in their disciplines with clinical, epidemiological and laboratory research accomplishment through the following objectives:
i. Interactive lectures
ii. Practical and group work
a. Use of search engines
b. Development of research proposals
c. Vetting of manuscripts for pitfalls and excellence
d. Exercise in medical statistics
e. Pre and Post evaluation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
1. Consultants, lecturers and senior rag!strars across all medical/dental and allied disciplines; yearning for enhancement of their research capabilities to impact knowledge and practice of their discipline
2. Consultants and lecturers involved in resident training, who would like to improve thier mentoring capability
3. Specialists (medical/dental and allied fields) who would like to refresh themselves to competitive advantage, increased access to research funds and international standing.
♦ Research conceptualization, setting research questions, aim and objectives Basic and Clinical Sciences perspective
• Sourcing relevant information and critique of literature (search engines)
♦ Resources for research, collaboration & responsibility ♦ Ethics and best practices, monitoring and appraisal
♦ Use of the laboratory in research, preservation of samples
♦ Sampling techniques
♦ Use of statistical methods in research
♦ Systematic Review, Meta•analysis, evidence based medicine and sourcing resources for research
♦ Manuscript writing: what to publish, pitfalls, communication skills and general principle
DATE: Wednesday 5th - Friday 7th October 2016
VENUE: LAGOS AIRPORT HOTEL, 111, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos
TIME: 8.00 a•m - 5.00 p.m Daily
Mode: Non Residential
MODE OF PAYMENT
Course Fees: N75,000.00
Applicants are to pay through the Remits payment platform and note the Romital Retrieval Referral (RRR) number generated for payment piurpose in line with the Federal government Treasury Single Accounts (TEA).
visit the college website for details on payment for NPMCN services www.npmcn.edu.ng/guidelines-on-payment-to-the-college
Resource persons: Outstanding academics that have effectively combined clinical channel activities with excellent research accomplishments.
• Number of participants will be limited, due to the practical/interactive nature of the Workshop.
• Certificates and CME credit unit will be issued to participants at the end of the Workshop.
For further information, Please visit: www.npmcn.edu.ng, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. A. Akinsola, FMCP
Chairman, continuing medical education committee
Course Coordinator, 08051304584
Prof. 0.A Atoyebi,Fmcs
Dr. A. A. Olaitan, PNMC
CLICK HERE TO ATTEND: Offshore/ Onshore Medic HSE Certificate Course for Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics and Healthcare Professionals
GET THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION FIRST AID CPR AED CERTIFICATE
Join the Medicalworld Nigeria Telegram group for latest Medical updates, news and jobs!!